We are seeking a Facilities Officer to provide high-quality ground and building maintenance within all areas of the College campus.
The successful applicant will:-
• Provide high-quality building and grounds maintenance within all areas of the College campus
• As required assist with the maintenance and improvement of the sporting ovals
• As required mow grassed areas using ride-on and walk-behind mowers
• Perform set up and take down for school events
• Undertake building and grounds maintenance as set out in the works program
• As required, make internal deliveries on the College campus
• Attend professional courses where applicable.
• Demonstrate a willingness to work positively within a team as well as having the ability to work independently.
• Compliance & contribution to WH&S policies, to ensure a safe working environment.
• No formal qualifications are required for this role however a trade background and qualifications will be a distinct advantage. Previous experience in building and/or ground maintenance and in a Senior High School environment would be advantageous.
St Columbans is a progressive, co-educational, Catholic College catering for over 1,000 students. Our contemporary campus is located in the heart of Caboolture, easily accessible by rail and bus. Our nurturing, faith filled community offers mission and retreat programs, academic and vocational excellence with diverse curriculum choices, technologically advanced 1:1 Laptop Program, comprehensive cultural programs and sporting development academy and offers multiple pathways with a Trade Training Centre, being a National Finalist in the Australian Training Awards. Staff are committed to quality inclusive Christian education in the Catholic tradition led by the Edmund Rice Touchstones. At St Columbans College there is a focus on High Expectations, Resilience and Perseverance.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- currently hold or be eligible to hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing February 2020
Position Tenure: Fixed Term
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term): 2020 school year
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 5 days/week (38 hrs/week) Mon-Fri
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 3 - $27.65 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Evie Teasdale
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5495 3111
Contact Email: Evie Teasdale
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window