This position presents a unique opportunity to start a career working in a school. You will receive comprehensive training throughout and ongoing support from the school.
Working as a Facilities Support Assistant you will work alongside the Faciilties Manager to ensure that the school buildings meet the needs of pupils, staff and the general public. You will support the management of services, such as security, parking and maintenance. If you can develop good working relationships with a wide range of people and enjoy organising, this could be the profession for you.
Contract Type: Fixed
Salary: Working Week 30 Hours per week. £14,000 and £20,000 per annum ( Negotiable based on experience).
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities;-
- Working across both school sites in Deptford and Blackheath.
- Ensure that the facilities, such as catering, security, maintenance and reception, run smoothly so schools can run effectively.
- Secure the site and assist in site emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Set up rooms for events and support the coordination of the event e.g. Open Evenings, Fun Days.
- Assist with the maintenance of external areas
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance around the workplace.
- Deal with enquiries from members of staff, contractors and members of the public.
- Direct and communicate with outside contractors and customers.
- Organise and take delivery of stock.
- Read energy meters and monitor heating and ventilation systems such as solar panels or reusable energy systems.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Application Contact: Kate Fry - School Business Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Please come and meet us by booking a visit on 0208 692 9157 to meet our Facilities Manager Patrick Gardner and have a tour and opportunity to ask questions about the role.
Closing Date: 13/6/2017
Interview Date: 30/6/2107
Invicta Primary School