Heartlands Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
Facility & Letting Assistant
Salary: Scale 4/5 -£22377 to £25809
Contract /term 36 hours per week, Monday to Sunday -52 weeks / Permanent
Responsible to: Director of Operations
Post Tenable: As soon as possible
Heartlands High School is a new mixed comprehensive 11-16 school that opened in September 2010. Popular and oversubscribed within the local community the school will take 1080 students. Our recent Ofsted described the school as a “Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress.’’ (Ofsted 2016)
We are looking to appoint a responsible and well organised individual with excellent communication skills to ensure the smooth running of the School’s facilities and lettings during its extended hours. The successful applicant should have a good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations and have good skills in practical maintenance.
The successful candidate will have:
• To be a key holder for the school, opening and closing the school before/ after lettings.
• To communicate with the letting/user, ensuring they are fully aware of the Health and Safety policy and Emergency procedures.
• To ensure all documents from the user have been collect and filed.
• To assist in the setting up of equipment, and ensure the areas used are tidy and ready for use for the next day.
• To undertake cleaning duties when necessary.
• To report any damage that has been caused by the user to the Facilities Manager.
• To ensure the school is secure and classrooms are kept locked at all times.
• To have knowledge in Health and Safety procedures
• To carry out a facility inspection of the school and report any defects.
• To direct visitors to the designated area of hire.
For further information please contact our HR department at HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Completed applications forms, with a covering letter addressed to the Head of School, Mrs Elen Roberts, should be sent to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk by no later than 10 a.m. on Monday 24th February 2020. Interviews date to be confirmed.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.