F O R E S T H I L L S C H O O L
A SPECIALIST SCHOOL IN PERFORMING ARTS
Dacres Road Forest Hill London SE23 2XN
Roll 1360 : Boys 11-16, Mixed 16-19 Tel: 020 8699 9343 www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk
FACULTY LEADER – ENGLISH, PSYCHOLOGY AND RE FACULTY
MPS/UPS dependent on experience + TLR 1C
Salary range: £28,098 - £46,827 (inner London) + £11,136
Forest Hill is an oversubscribed 11-19 school which exists to serve the local community through innovative teaching and a broad and comprehensive curriculum offer in state-of-the-art facilities. We have a strong record of academic success which combined with our Performing Arts specialism underpins the development of our boys all the way to our co-educational post 16 provision. Ofsted recently judged the school “outstanding” in many areas including leadership and behaviour.
We are looking to appoint a highly skilled English specialist with experience of leading others and a strong record of achieving good results with students to take on the post of Faculty Leader – English, Psychology and RE. This is an exciting role that focuses on leading both the English and Psychology and RE Curriculum Areas and having a strategic overview of the entire Faculty. The Faculty Leader is ably supported by two Teaching and Learning Leads (for English and Psychology and RE) and two Lead Teachers. As well as providing an excellent offer at KS3 and 4, the Faculty also has a large Post 16 provision across a variety of courses with many students selecting them.
Our ideal candidate is
• An innovative and enthusiastic English teacher with a range of teaching experiences and qualified to teach up to Post 16
• An outstanding teacher who combines a range of innovative teaching strategies and excellent relationships with young people
• A strategic leader who can both lead and collaborate with others and has the shared vision to lead and improve standards of teaching and learning
• Someone who looks for ways to improve themselves and the school and is not afraid of taking responsibility beyond their own area
We will offer
• The opportunity to work in an established and experienced Performing Arts school which challenges the stereotypes of underachieving boys in the Arts
• A personalised CPD programme that offers a range of opportunities to broaden your pedagogical experience and which seeks to support you in developing yourself for future leadership roles
• Modern, state of the art facilities, including the technology and resources to support excellent teaching of all the subjects in the Faculty
Please visit our website at www.foresthill.lewisham.sch.uk to make direct on-line applications, which must be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org NB : we do not accept CVs. Informal visits are welcome and should be arranged directly with Pat Brutto (Head’s PA). Closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 23rd May with interviews scheduled the same week. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified and that the interview process will include lesson observations in both subjects.
Forest Hill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Our commitment is underpinned by robust processes and procedures that seek to maximise opportunity, minimise risk and continuously promote a culture of safeguarding amongst our workforce.