Are you the character we are looking for?
• Are you an outstanding Teacher or Leader of English?
• Are you looking for the chance to make a long-lasting difference?
• Do you want to join a committed team of subject specialists?
• Do you want to work as part of a growing Trust that cherishes both aspiration and inclusion?
Then you could be the person we’re looking for!
The story so far
Westfield School is on the cusp of achieving great things. The school came under the leadership of Chorus Education Trust in spring 2017, and officially joined the Trust at the end of 2018. Chorus is an inclusive and aspirational local Trust that is drawing on the very best teaching and learning across South Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
With solid foundations in place, a new Head of School is working with staff to ensure that the Trust’s ethos of ‘Outstanding Achievement for All’ is at the core of all work at Westfield. The school has a strong tradition of inclusion, whilst aspiring for the very best education, opportunities and results possible for all students. We are passionate about transforming our students' life chances.
This is a school where, if you have the drive, talent and commitment, you can make great progress. It is a happy school with supportive and willing staff, students and parents.
You'll never want to leave
As part of Chorus Education Trust, you will be supported through every step of your career. Our well-established Teaching School, the Sheffield Teaching School Alliance, provides outstanding support and training, and has a strong track record of developing teachers at all levels. As part of the Trust you will be able to take advantage of opportunities working with colleagues at other schools, as well as contribute to our ever-improving practice. When you are ready to take the next step in your career we are sure you will want to stay with us. With many local schools lined up to join Chorus, you will find that you can develop your career within our supportive team.
Westfield School is seeking to appoint a Faculty Leader for English. We are happy to receive applications from teachers and leaders with varying degrees of experience but above all require someone with the expertise, passion and drive to work with the Assistant Headteacher for English to transform outcomes for our students.
We are seeking someone who is passionate about engaging all our students in this subject and committed to leading the planning and delivery of outstanding lessons within an inspirational curriculum.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a creative, motivational and effective classroom practitioner with a track record of excellent outcomes for students.
• Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate young people and colleagues alike.
• Be reflective and analytical about their own classroom practice and be able to widen this ability to quality assure the subject area.
• Be able to analyse performance data and devise strategy to further improve outcomes.
• Be robust and determined in maintaining standards within the faculty and wider school.
• Be engaged in all aspects of the thriving English Faculty.
• Be responsible for teaching across Key Stage 3 & 4 in English.
• Deliver high quality lessons demonstrating outstanding practice and outcomes.
• Maintain positive working relationships with students and staff.
How to apply
Please note further details are available on our website:
Closing date for applications: 17th October 2019
We always encourage prospective applicants to visit the school in advance of application. This can be arranged by contacting Julie Wilson, PA to the Head of School on 0114 248 5221 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Westfield School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment is subject to enhanced DBS checks and two excellent references