We wish to appoint an emerging leader who:
• Will quickly become an outstanding leader of our ICT and Computing Faculty
• Has experience of success in raising achievement
• Has the vision and ability to create and lead an outstanding Faculty
• Has the personal qualities to inspire, motivate, support and challenge others
For the right candidate, there is the potential for this to be a role leading the IT strategy across the Ridgeway Education Trust (RET). RET currently comprises of Didcot Girls’ School – rated as Outstanding by Ofsted - and St Birinus School – rated Good by Ofsted - with plans for the Trust to expand in the near future. If you are interested in a discussion about the vision for the future of IT across the Trust, please get in contact before the closing date for this post and we will be able to facilitate a conversation with either the Executive Headteacher of the Trust or the Headteacher of St Birinus School.
This post could be remunerated on the Leadership Pay Scale for the right candidate and has the potential to be a career-defining opportunity.
You will have a relentless focus on standards and a deeply held belief that all students can succeed, given the right opportunity and support. You operate with a positive mindset and have clear, step-by-step strategies for creating an inspirational Faculty.
• Be an outstanding classroom teacher, who is energetic, determined and enthusiastic
• See the magic of Teaching and Learning as the key to engaging and inspiring learners
• Be a creative and strategic thinker, who is able to oversee transformational change
• Be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
• Have the ability to inspire, challenge and empower individuals and your team
• Be committed to the removal of barriers to enable every individual to achieve: you firmly believe that every student can achieve, given the right conditions for Teaching and Learning
• Be able to analyse and track data, oversee and measure impact, and have an emerging track record of raising standards
• Have the passion to help drive forward the school’s embracement of internationalism and our belief that global awareness sits at the heart of our development as outward-looking human beings
• Have the ambition and ability to become an Assistant Headteacher within the next two years
Please telephone or email for further details and an application form.
Contact: Mrs M. Stewart or Mrs C. Madge
Tel: 01235 514704
Web Address: www.st-birinus-school.org.uk
St Birinus School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The following link will take you to our website - http://www.st-birinus-school.org.uk/Policies - please scroll down to read our Safeguarding Policy.
This post involves the type of work with children and young people that requires applicants to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post. All cases are considered confidentially and according to the nature of the role and information disclosed. Additional standard pre-employment checks will also be undertaken.
St Birinus School is an equal opportunities employer.