Required for September 2018, a highly skilled and passionate Faculty Leader to lead our Performing Arts team at our high achieving and oversubscribed school in north central Bristol. The Performing Arts curriculum area is composed of Music, Drama and Dance and an ability to teach one of these subjects to a high level is essential. The Performing Arts at Cotham School are very well valued, successful and thriving. This is a permanent role.
· An inspirational, skilful and passionate teacher of Performing Arts who understands how children learn?
· A dynamic leader who can inspire the team to further raise standards of achievement and enable them to become outstanding in all respects?
· Able to teach Music, Drama or Dance across the age and ability range at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5?
· A leader with excellent analytical and evaluative skills?
· Committed to continuous professional development leading to outstanding teaching and leadership?
· The opportunity to lead our thriving Performing Arts team
· A school that is ambitious for all children and staff
· Excellent Performing Arts facilities and resources which are amongst the very best in the City
· A Faculty with a strong tradition and City-wide reputation
· Excellent and varied opportunities for personal, professional and leadership development
Cotham School is a multi-cultural and fully comprehensive Co-operative converter Academy. We are a vibrant and exciting learning community, graded ‘Outstanding’ under the 2010 Ofsted Inspection framework. We offer outstanding professional development opportunities, a highly committed and effective staff team and well-motivated students. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of impact and high performance in their teaching and have the ability to fulfil the requirements of a leadership role. This post presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join our extended leadership group and make a significant contribution to the future development of the school. If you are a teacher who has made a proven impact in your current role with the skills, ability and passion to help our students shine, we would be very happy to hear from you.
Cotham School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, age or disability.
Further details can be found on our website: www.cotham.bristol.sch.uk
Telephone: 0117 9198000
Closing date: 16 March 2018 at 9am.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 20 March 2018. Please be aware that you may only be given 24-48 hours notice if you are selected for interview.