Faculty Leader Science
St Helena School is a lively, friendly and welcoming 11-16 school with 920+ students currently on roll and 980+ expected from September 2018. It was rated as Good by Ofsted in December 2017 and continues on its improvement journey. The school is one of five Secondary and two Primary Academies in the Sigma Multi-Academy Trust, which was formally established in 2016 to promote collaboration across a range of partners in Colchester and the surrounding area.
We are seeking to appoint a talented, creative and dynamic individual as a Faculty Leader for Science.
· An inspirational teacher of Science, with a track record of students making excellent progress in your classes?
· Committed to supporting students of all abilities, with an enthusiasm for your subject that is infectious?
· Self-aware, reflective and committed to constant evaluation of your own impact?
· Relentlessly positive in outlook, able to embrace change and ‘make things happen’?
· Always ready for the unexpected, facing each new challenge with a smile?
Are you looking for a school where…
· You can develop a career to suit your experience and interests?
· A growth mindset is expected, and developing existing strength is considered as important as addressing weakness?
· Humanity and humour are seen to be essential qualities?
· You will be fully supported in your own professional development, whatever your aspirations?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to all of the above, then we’d love to hear from you!
Letters of application and application forms should be emailed to Ms J Shone-Tribley, HR Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) by midday on 23 March 2018. An application pack can be obtained from our website: www.st-helena.essex.sch.uk or candidates are encouraged to apply via the On-Line application process through TES.