The person appointed will join a staff with ‘an unswerving commitment to ensure that every student achieves their goals, whatever their circumstances’. South Wirral High School is a rapidly improving school, with positive Progress 8 in 2017.
South Wirral High School is a co-educational foundation secondary school and sixth form located in Eastham, Merseyside. We pride ourselves on our community ties, working closely with nearby primary schools to aid in transition - shown in our motto "Raising Achievement in Partnership with Families and the Community". This declares a vision for our school where each student’s progress is remarkable. We focus on the whole educational experience for each student, aiming for success in examinations and the other aspects of school life - including sports, the arts, leadership and as contributors to our community.
The person appointed will be accountable to the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Assistant Headteachers for the progress of students within the Faculty.
The person appointed should:
- have significant middle leadership experience or have undertaken NCSL leadership training
- be able to demonstrate positive impact on student progress, in relation to external benchmarks
- have experience of coaching colleagues and students, with clear impact
The post will focus maintaining a high quality of teaching within the Faculty, to ensure that students make good or outstanding progress from their starting points.
- Establish and maintain a clear vision and strong and consistent ethos within the Faculty
- Drive the strategic planning of the Faculty, in line with school priorities, which may include the evaluation of the curriculum
- Ensure that assessment of student progress is razor-sharp at all key stages
- Monitor the progress of all students and all groups and put strategies in place to address any progress that is not good, following the Diagnosis-Therapy-Testing model
- Evaluate the quality of teaching using a variety of evidence which may include data analysis, lesson observations, learning walks, work scrutiny and student voice
- Cultivate love of subject(s) by maintaining a high quality extra-curricular programme
- Delegate other duties to staff as appropriate
The Assessment Process will be:
- in-tray exercise (20%)
- presentation (20%)
- interview panel (40%)
- lesson observation (20%)
Letters of application should be addressed to the Headteacher and should address the person specification and job description.
Closing date: Monday 23rd April 2018
Interview date: week beginning Tuesday 1st May 2018
We are sorry that it will not be possible to contact unsuccessful candidates. Anyone who has not heard of the progress of their application by Friday 27th April must assume it has been unsuccessful.
Completed application forms and letter of application with CV and the names of two referees addressed to Headteacher.
Please see the school’s website for further details and an application form: www.southwirral.wirral.sch.uk
The post is subject to an Enhanced Level DBS check.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability
Our Safeguarding Policy can be found on our school’s website: