Stopsley High School are looking to appoint a Family Worker for a soon as possible
Your new school
Stopsley High School is an 11-16 mixed Comprehensive School and Community College situated in a quiet area on the Hertfordshire / Bedfordshire border with convenient access to Luton Airport, the M1 and main line rail links to London. Stopsley High School is a popular, oversubscribed school described by Ofsted in October 2014 as “a good school where students are respectful of each other and their teachers … students are polite, well-mannered and courteous.”
Your new role
The school are looking to appoint a Family Worker who will positively engage parents and carers, children and their families in children’s learning and development so that the school effectively meets the needs of children and young people.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrable experience of working with young people with a wide range of special educational needs.
- Able to undertake agreed, basic assessments of the social/care/physical/personal and educational needs of the children with their families to safeguard and promote the welfare of the child.
- Able to understand the issues for learners education in an urban, multi-cultural context.
- Demonstrable knowledge of support strategies for learners with special and complex needs
- A relevant NVQ 3 or equivalent in child care/development allied to previous work experience with children and families
- To be able to travel from Stopsley High School to other locations across Luton as required, both planned and at short notice
What you'll get in return
- A friendly, open and support school with a strong induction programme.
- Commitment to professional development of all colleagues
- The opportunity to be involved in cutting edge developments in the school’s teaching and learning groups
- A brand new school building that opened in January 2017 with state of the art facilities
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click www.hays.co.uk/jobs/stopsley-high-school or call Brett Coventry on 020 3818 7041.