Actual salary: £14,492 per annum
25 hours per week, term time only
Fixed term contract for 12 months
Inspire their remarkable with us
Offa’s Mead Primary Academy is located in Gloucestershire but we have excellent local links as we are situated about a mile outside of Chepstow and well as within commutable distance of both Bristol and Wales. Approximately a third of our pupils are from Service families as we serve nearby Beachley Barracks.
As a result of support from the Ministry of Defence, we are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Family Liaison and Support Worker to support our students and families from Armed Forces backgrounds. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support, guidance and practical help to Forces parents to help them overcome barriers associated with settlement, deployment, transition and education
- To work closely with the Army Welfare Team
- Provide and coordinate a range of activities that will enhance the child/families experience, particularly during times of deployment or resettlement (these may be school based, within the home or any other identified venue)
We can offer you:
- A school where we collaborate share and support each other to make sure all children achieve their very best.
- A leadership team who welcome fresh ideas and traditional values.
- Well supported teachers who are committed to driving high standards.
- Significant opportunities to further your professional development.
- Happy, enthusiastic and well behaved children who will make you proud to work with them
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time in the classroom.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Tuesday 02 February 2021
Interviews will be held shortly after the closing date.
This is a fixed term role for 12 months.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website http://www.academiesenterprisetrust.org/our-teaching-school/our-school-direct-teacher-training-vacancies for further details.
Offa's Mead Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**