SCP 17 - £24,491 FTE
33 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
June 2021 start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
We are a rapidly improving primary and nursery school situated in the one of the most beautiful areas of Kent, 30 seconds from the nearest bus stop, 5 minutes from the train station and within easy reach of Maidstone, Tonbridge and London. We serve our strong, supportive and welcoming local community and are committed to providing high quality teaching and learning for all of our pupils.
Within this role as a Family Liaison Officer (with DSL responsibilities) you will make a strong contribution to children’s learning and achievement and provide important support to enable parents to take responsibility for their children’s education and welfare.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide support, guidance, and practical help to parents to help them overcome barriers to learning and to promote a positive attitude towards education. Signpost families to and liaise with external agencies e.g. Financial support
- Encourage parental involvement in the school and its activities.
- Lead and develop the ‘St James the Great Family Learning Hub’ and support external learning venues.
- Manage Breakfast Club including, managing the finances of the club and bidding for funding when necessary.
- Ensure allergies are displayed and up to date. Carry out fire drills in the FLC. Food hygiene management of BFC.
- Liaise with Funders of the club, submit financial returns, advertise the club and target those most in need of the free resource
- Participate in support plans for families and students.
- Undertake direct work with parents and carers enabling them to provide at least ‘good enough’ parenting and support for their children’s education.
- Keep detailed records of contact with children/families and set up and maintain case files.
- Provide written reports and assessments.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Friday 21 May 2021
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date and applications will be considered upon receipt.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
St James the Great Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Welcome to St James the Great Academy (SJA) and thank you for your interest. We are a one form entry primary school near Maidstone the county town of Kent. We like to think...