Family Support and Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Salary: £20,571 – 21,135 (pro rata) dependent on experience
Location: Belmont School – Rawtenstall, Rossendale, Lancashire.
Hours: 39 weeks term time plus two weeks. 37.5 hours per week (may include occasional evening and weekend work)
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We now have a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring and understanding Family Support and Deputy Safeguarding Lead to join our close-knit team at Belmont School in Rossendale.
About the School
Belmont is an independent specialist day school for boys 11 to 16, catering for children with a wide range of needs. Our dedicated team work together to ensure successful outcomes for pupils who often arrive at the school with a troubled view of education and life.
We pride ourselves in steering children in the right direction, nurturing aspiration to progress them both academically and socially to encourage them to take pride in their achievements. Socially, we build conﬁdence in our students so they are able to have a greater understanding of the wider community in which they live
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of the young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The school is seeking to appoint a Family Support and Deputy Safeguarding Lead to join this thriving specialist SEMH School. Responsible to the Designated Safeguarding Lead, you will be an enthusiastic, flexible and determined individual who shares our values and is looking to develop their career in this specialist area.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a Family Support and Designated Safeguarding Lead. Whilst experience within an SEMH/SEN specialist provision would be desirable we will consider applications from those who are currently working in a mainstream school or other professional setting. Further training and development will be provided for the successful candidate in line with the identified needs of the school, the skills of the individual and their prospective career progression.
- To understand the school’s safeguarding policy and support staff to understand their statutory responsibilities.
- Contribute to raising achievement by improving school attendance.
- To make unsupervised contact with families in their own homes and elsewhere to assess the reasons impacting in the attendance of the individual students, facilitating their return or access to regular full time education provision.
- To be fully aware of and carry out all work in line with safeguarding procedures. This may involve attending meetings, such as Child in Need and TAF meetings.
- To liaise with and share relevant information with other departments including Head of Year/SENCo etc. and to deliver regular updates to staff briefings.
- To have professional integrity and discretion in relation to the overall function of the school, staff and pupils’ confidentiality
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload under pressure
- Experience of working with children and their families
- Have a good standard of GCSE English and Maths
- Commitment to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people
- Fully enhanced DBS and satisfactory references
- Full driving licence
- Flexible working days and hours
Why work for us?
A few reasons we think it’s a great place to work:
- Continuous professional development & training for a clear career path
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- No two days are ever the same
- Free School Meals
This position is due to commence the end of October or as soon after (subject to approved reference/DBS checks). Full Job description is attached.
Applications are invited online through the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk If you have any further queries regarding how to apply please contact Kelly Walden at Kelly.email@example.com. If you would like to visit the school for an informal look around, please contact the school on 01706 221043.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS.
Please complete the application form in full with no gaps of employment from the age of 16 years.