Family Support Worker
37 hours a week, term time (39 weeks)
£21,074- £25,463 per annum (£17,471-£21,110 pro-rata)
Closing date: 3 June at midnight
Interviews to take place: w/c 4 June 2018
A committed Family Support Worker is required to join the Welland Academy, to provide an intensive support service for families.
Working closely with parents/carers, you will support and assist them in building their engagement with their child’s learning to enable families to get the most out of the education opportunities available.
To be successful you will need;
- to have a good understanding of child development and the benefit of parent involvement
- to be able to promote the rights and responsibilities of parents/carers in raising their children
- excellent communication skills
- be able to build and maintain positive working relationships with both families, colleagues and external agencies
- be a team player and will also be able to work on your own initiative
- have a caring and empathetic nature
- experience in an educationally setting is desirable but not essential
We can offer you;
· an inclusive school with a good reputation for developing well rounded, caring children who feel safe and valued whatever their skills and abilities
· a caring and motivated team of staff who help and support each other
· a Happy, confident children who enjoy being at school
· a vibrant, warm, friendly working environment
· a commitment to professional development through the Greenwood Dale Learning Alliance .
The academy is part of the Greenwood Academies Trust (GAT). All GAT academies work collaboratively to share best practice and are supported by the expertise within the Education Support Team to enable them to focus on teaching and learning.
The staff, pupils and facilities at this academy make it a great place to work. Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged; please contact Rachel Dawkins, Office Administrator, on 01733 563180 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The role is for 37 hours a week, term time only therefore this is reflected in the pro rata salary.
For further information, please visit:
Alternatively, call our Recruitment Line on 0115 748 3344
Complete our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form:
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced DBS with Barred List check.
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.