A vacancy has arisen for an experienced, enthusiastic, committed and highly proactive individual to work within our federation in partnership with the Executive Headteacher, Heads of School, the Senior Leadership teams and the Governors. Operating as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team.
The Bursar is responsible for providing professional leadership and management of school administrative team and for promoting the highest standards in the business ethos of the school. The successful candidate will have extensive experience of the effective management of key areas of responsibility within a busy and fast-paced working environment.
- Hold, or be working towards, an appropriate Financial Qualification, ie, CIMA, CIPFA, ACCA or to hold AAT qualification.
- Diploma in School Business Management, or other suitable qualification e.g. Degree in Business Management.
- Financial management of the school.
- Direction of personnel management.
- Data Protection legislation and best practices.
- Oversight of the external catering providers.
- The direction of general administration.
- Aspects of school marketing and publicity.
- Supporting the promotion of community use of school facilities.
- Working closely with the governing board in particular the Chair of the Resources committee.
- Business development including strategic planning, new business generation, growth activities and management of organisational development.
Human Resources Management:
- Managing the probation and absence management process with the HR Business Partner. Human resources reporting including monthly payroll submissions. Responsible for staff briefings.
- Oversee the administration of all personnel matters including recruitment, retention, contracts of employment.
- First class communication skills are essential as well as an excellent understanding of school roles and responsibilities. Your ability to work collaboratively and constructively with a wide range of personnel as well as members of the governing board will be key.
- Ability to inspire confidence amongst others, Governors, colleagues and partners as well as ability to work effectively with both individuals and in a team environment, with excellent interpersonal skills.
Leadership & Strategy:
- Contribute to the development of the school’s values and vision and communicate this clearly and enthusiastically to all staff and other stakeholders.
- Motivate, encourage and empower individuals to work innovatively and creatively to achieve and exceed targets.
- Ensure that all staff are briefed on allocated work, showing how it fits within the school’s vision and objectives.
- Monitor the progress and quality of direct and indirect reports and provide prompt and constructive feedback. Set C-SMART objectives and undertake performance management for all direct reports.
We are a federation that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression. We are a team of ordinary individuals who genuinely enjoy working together to create extraordinary outcomes, and we have an opportunity for you to join us.
The Governing Board expects all staff and volunteers to share our commitment to safeguarding children. We follow safer recruitment practices and all appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.
We encourage and welcome visits; to arrange please phone Sofia Sahim on 07920 157 185.
To obtain a recruitment pack, including Job Description and Person Specification, please email email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 6th December 2017 at 12pm
Shortlisting date: Thursday 7th December 2017 at 5pm
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 11th December 2017
Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information about the disclosure can be found at www.disclosures.co.uk and in the recruitment pack.
Lambeth aims for quality services and equal opportunities for all and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. www.lambeth.gov.uk
Jessop Stockwell Federation
Jessop Primary School and Children’s Centre
Lowden Road, London SE24 0BJ
Stockwell Primary School
Stockwell Road, London SW9 9TG