Join the Learning Design team at Ambition Institute. Be part of an expert team developing programmes for educators at every level in the system.
As a Fellow in our Learning Design team you will have the opportunity to take a leading role in the design of one our exciting new programmes, authoring a range of learning materials to help teachers and leaders to keep getting better.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Have a track record of excellent teaching and/or school leadership, including pupils with low prior attainment in challenging contexts;
- Have research-informed knowledge about how pupils, teachers and school leaders best learn, and a breadth of professional knowledge of what this might look like in practice;
- Be able to analyse teaching/leadership skills and moments, breaking them down into their smallest constituent parts, and recombining them to build high levels of competence;
- Be able to digest significant volumes of research, distil critical findings and communicate in a clear, concise and meaningful way;
- Demonstrate sensitivity to the demands of delivery of professional development programmes and how design should be responsive to these;
- Have strong facilitation skills and be able to communicate skilfully, intelligently and sensitively with teachers and leaders in range of situations;
- Be able to support and hold to account junior designers so they can create content and tools that provide world-class learning experiences for educators;
- Be open and hungry for feedback, driven by continual improvement, and able to hold themselves and those around them to account for securing impact;
- Be obsessed with the minutiae of curriculum, pedagogy, assessment, culture and change
We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer you:
- Flexibility on how you work – agreed between you and your line manager
- A competitive annual leave entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- A generous employer pension contribution of 11% (10% pension plus 1% NI rebate)
- Competitive salary rates
- Access to an interest free season ticket and bike loans, as well as eyecare vouchers
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which provides confidential support for employees on personal or work-related matters.
- A robust learning and development offer that ensures your continuous professional development
How to apply
To apply for any of our vacancies or for any questions or queries please visit our website.
Equality and diversity matters to us. If you think you’d be suited to one of our roles we’d love to hear from you regardless of age, disability status, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexuality.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive at this stage we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and the most vulnerable in our society and, as such, we are unable to employ individuals with relevant convictions, including the following: a conviction for an offence involving violence or dishonesty, of a sexual nature or against minors, or for any other offence that is relevant to the nature of the services provided by our organisation.
As an employer, we have a responsibility to prevent illegal working in the UK by ensuring that our employees have the right to work in the UK. Therefore, as part of the recruitment process to verify your eligibility you will be required to produce relevant documentation.