Full or part-time (0.7 and above)
We are a high achieving independent girls' high school located in Felling Gateshead, seeking to appoint an inspiring and dynamic Female* Head of Science to lead and develop the science department in our over-subscribed independent faith school.
At Ateres, we inspire our students to acquire virtues such as sense of responsibility, respect for all mankind, abundant generosity and exponential spiritual growth.
This is a permanent full-time vacancy, however we will also consider candidates who are seeking a part-time role (0.7 and above).
Reasons to join Ateres:
- due to our traditional ethos, all forms of derogatory language are non-existent in our school and all visitors to Ateres comment on the warm, friendly & cheerful atmosphere that pervades the classrooms and corridors;
- GCSE results at Ateres far exceed national averages in virtually all subjects. Our Good-Pass rate (C/4 & above) is circa 90%! This is testament to the dedication & passion of our staff and our students’ drive to achieve academic success;
- we are committed to maintaining the work-life balance of our staff and therefore offer a significant degree of flexibility with our teaching timetable;
- we offer significant PPA time;
- this is a unique opportunity to be involved in a shaping the direction of a fledgling centre of excellence and to work together with our warm and welcoming SLT to further develop our science department.
Ateres Girls’ High School was founded in 2011 and caters for girls aged 11-16 from the Orthodox Jewish community of Gateshead. We pride ourselves on having staff from a wide range of backgrounds. We are situated in the heart of Felling – just eight minutes’ drive from Gateshead town centre.
To be successful, you will have:
- excellent subject knowledge in all Sciences with a strong background in Biology in particular;
- an outstanding ability to maintain classroom discipline through dynamic and inspirational teaching;
- a highly engaging personality able to inspire students to think deeply;
- significant previous experience at teaching KS4 Science GCSE;
- high aspirations for academic excellence;
- the ability to successfully lead, appraise and inspire junior members of the Science team;
- the ability and willingness to be sensitive to the religious ethos of our school in the delivery of the Science curriculum;
- a flexible, positive and easy-going nature and be very sensitive to the religious ethos of the school.
We also have a very minor vacancy in Maths and would be delighted to employ a science teacher who could combine teaching science with teaching an additional subject.
We currently do not have a Lab at Ateres and this has somewhat restricted the range of practical experiments that we are able to carry out. We have recently received planning permission for a new spacious science Lab and we envisage that this will be built in the upcoming 18 months.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter to our Deputy Head – Rabbi Rosenthal by email email@example.com
Closing date: 25th May 2018.
In line with our strong commitment to safeguarding, all applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
* It is an occupational requirement for the candidate to be female.