Pentagon People are fun, dynamic, caring and hard working. We are 'can do' people not 'can't do!' If you'd like a join working WITH us then read on....
Do you want a career that is fun, creative and makes a difference? We specialise in helping schools/nurseries to develop their outdoor learning environment. We are a fast-growing business who are currently the leading educational specialist in our field and are incredibly passionate about what we design and create for children of the future. We have worked hard to build a fantastic team who are dedicated, hardworking and fun, making it really great and enjoyable place to work where everyone feels valued and respected.
The role we are seeking is a field-based role covering: Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedfordshire and Slough. With three days on the road visiting schools and two admin days working from home once you have passed your initial training out of our Bristol based office. It doesn't matter if you don't live in the shown area, the ideal candidate would live within 1hr away from our Bristol (so they could come in for training and feel part of our happy family team. You'd then need to be prepared to travel to the area shown and stay awau from home (if that's more sensible than driving back home)
What the job entails?
The role is to work as part of our sales team in an Outdoor Education Consultant / Field Sales Representative role under the support and guidance of your Area Sales Manager. The role will require strong written and verbal communication skills to build lasting rapport and relationships with the schools we work with. You will be encouraged to use your imagination to creatively translate customers' ideas into a playground environment making their dreams become a reality for their school.
You will be fully supported and given the appropriate training to fulfil the following tasks:
• Meet with Headteachers in schools to assess their outdoor spaces
• Attend industry events and Headteacher conferences
• Driving to schools across the territory 3 days a week - These are established territories, currently returning over £500k in turnover PA
• Working from home/Bristol office 2 days a week
• Working with the Design, Operations and Marketing team to ensure each school playground development is a success
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with schools/headteachers/children and Governors
• Creating imaginative design for school’s outdoor spaces
• Taking detailed measurements and then hand drawing school outdoor spaces to scale
• Applying building and consultative knowledge to tricky outdoor developments
• Corresponding in a timely fashion with customers emails and calls
• Commitment to get work done on time (working longer hours when necessary during busier times of year)
• You will develop new and existing business (70% enquiries and 30% self-generated)
• Identify new opportunities and quickly establish rapport with their clients
• Revisit school installs upon completion
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a quick learner, who is a confident communicator with a positive and proactive approach to their work. We would love someone who enjoys a healthy lifestyle and already has an empathy for children and their outdoor learning.
You will require at least a C at GCSE/O level in English and Maths and any IT/word qualifications would be desirable. Degree or higher-level qualifications. Prior experience in education, sports or educational sales would be desirable, or a knowledge of the National Curriculum. Other experience such as building/landscaping would be considered.
You MUST have a full driving license for this role and pass a DBS check.
• Strong customer care and management skills
• Fluent in written and verbal English
• Good organisational skills
• Great ICT skills
• An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and manage large workload
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Self-motivated and trustworthy (regularly working away or working from home)
• Empathetic and strong communicator with a variety of audiences (Headteachers, Governors, children, colleagues, installers)
• You will be responsible for managing your own schools and projects so will need to have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently to manage your admin during busy periods
• A problem solver with attention to detail
• Creative and attention to detail when drawing
• Experience of Primary Education and or Primary Educational Sales is desirable
• Experience of project management and practical skills would be an advantage
What we can offer you?
In return for all your hard work and commitment you will be paid an annual salary of £22,500 Moving to £25,000k after passing your 6 month probation Rising to £27,500 after selling £500k and £30,000 after selling £1million in sales.
Year 1 Opportunity to Earn £30,000 Uncapped.
Year 2 £40-50k Uncapped.
Plus, Company Car Options, Laptop, and Mobile Phone.
You will have 32 days of paid holiday.