We are seeking a Finance and Curriculum Support Assistant to join our team at the Danes Educational Trust on the Herts/Bucks border. The post will be based at Croxley Danes School, temporarily housed on Tolpits Lane, Rickmansworth before moving to the school’s permanent location on Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green.
We would like you to have:
• Experience of working in a finance office preferably within a school environment
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills including English and Maths at GCSE grades A* to C
• Efficient organisation skills
• High level ICT skills (Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office software)
• A positive outlook and willingness to work as part of a team
• A flexible approach
• Understanding of the needs of students and teachers
• Experience of working on SIMS database and Civica Finance System would be advantageous
We can offer:
• A permanent contract of 24 hours per week, Term Time plus INSET days and 2 weeks holiday working
• A positive working environment within a brand new school setting developed by St Clement Danes, an Outstanding, ‘World Class’ school
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team
• The opportunity to be part of an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• The opportunity to contribute to the education of the first, second and subsequent cohorts of students in a brand new school at an exciting stage in its development
Croxley Danes School is a new, all-ability, co-educational state secondary school serving South West Hertfordshire. It opened in September 2017 and is already provides a high quality education to its first cohort of Year 7 students. It will eventually grow to over 1200 students aged 11-18 at a designated permanent site on land at the bottom of Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green. Croxley Danes School is addressing a substantial shortfall in secondary places for 2017 and beyond and is fast becoming the first-choice school for the surrounding area. If you would like to join a high performing, supportive and friendly staff team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note, the job description has been created to cover two separate roles: Finance Assistant and Curriculum Support Assistant. During this exciting period of the school’s growth, we are looking to recruit someone who has the flexibility to cover both elements for the time being. There may well be scope for the successful candidate to specialise once new appointments are made.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.