• Do you want to play a key role in the founding of an exciting, new, and innovative all-through school?
• Do you want to move your career forward in an environment which nurtures talent and has huge scope for career progression?
• Do you believe all students have the potential to succeed at a top university given great teaching and the right school culture?
• Do you want to be part of a movement and team which will change history, exploding the myth that economic disadvantage should serve as an excuse for poor attainment?
As a brand new academy, One Degree Academy has been given a rare opportunity to raise standards of education in North London. Our Primary academy opened in September 2016; we now have Reception and Year 1. We aim to transform the lives of our students through our persistent and relentless focus on the small but important details and actions necessary to create the best school in the country.
We know that success and habits of excellence are achieved through perseverance and incremental improvement - ‘one degree’ at a time. This idea is at the heart of our school.
Our aspirations are simple and ambitious: through inspirational teaching, every One Degree student will develop the knowledge, attributes, and aspirations to succeed at university, enjoy a productive career, and lead a great life.
Every child will leave One Degree ready for a life of choice and opportunity. To achieve this, we are focused on 3 things:
• Supporting staff to provide outstanding teaching and learning.
• Developing attributes and habits in a caring and disciplined environment
• Raising aspirations through partnerships with world-leading businesses and universities
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding Finance and HR Administrator. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to help shape One Degree Academy from its beginnings and to be part of something profound.
We are particularly interested in a candidate’s commitment to continual and incremental improvement - and in an unfaltering belief in the potential of every child - than in extensive experience. Whether you are an experienced administrator or someone seeking to enter this profession, you will play a key part in the academy’s development.
As with our students, we want to grow and develop our staff, ‘step by step’: all staff receive weekly instructional coaching.
Every decision at One Degree Academy is made upon full consideration of the question “does this aid pupil learning?” This means that all of our developing systems are as simple, transparent and effective as they can be.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity to:
• Play a key role in the founding of our new all-through academy;
• Take on leadership roles and responsibilities as we grow;
• Join an organisation and team utterly committed to staff development and growing great staff - step by step;
• Receive weekly instructional coaching and feedback, enabling rounded development as a professional
Successful candidates will:
• Have an unfaltering believe in the ability of all children to achieve
• A strong culture of high expectations;
• Welcome positive feedback and be committed to the idea of continuous improvement and self-development; and
• Have the skills and dedication to have a positive impact on the lives of our students and on the community of Enfield.
If being actively involved in the development of a new, all-through academy appeals to you, and if you share our passion for education then we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for the post then an application pack can be downloaded directly from our website.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is 23rd April
Interviews will be held during the week commencing 30th April
Early Applications encouraged – We will process all applications on a rolling basis.
We love welcoming visitors to One Degree Academy. If you would like to arrange a visit to the Academy site or should you wish to obtain further information regarding the Academy or the advertised post, please e-mail the Chief Operating Officer, on email@example.com