This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career.
This is a key support role that underpins Financial Operations, ensuring that processing is kept up to date and that accounting records are accurately input onto the finance system, in line with organisational policies, and that accurate monthly and termly reports are prepared for budget holders.
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- To process invoices to keep the purchase ledger up to date
- To enter invoices onto the finance system o To ensure all invoices are approved according to the relevant policies delegated authority guide
- To produce payment runs for review prior to payment
- To enter all expense claims onto the finance system checking that claims have all receipts attached and that appropriate approval has been sought.
- To process invoices to keep the sales ledger up to date
- Enter all sales invoice requests onto the sales ledger
- Issue all sales invoices to customers
- Match all payments received to invoices on the sales ledger
- Process expenditure via purchasing cards ensuring that cards are being used in accordance with the approved policy
- Produce monthly and termly reports for budget holders
- Process month end journals
- Carry out any ad-hoc tasks to support the running of the finance team
- Responding to queries.
As an entry level role, there are huge opportunities to grow and develop further within the Finance team.
Ambitious about Autism is the national charity for children and young people with autism. We provide services, raise awareness and understanding, and campaign for change. Through TreeHouse School and Ambitious College we offer specialist education and support. Our ambition is to make the ordinary possible for more children and young people with autism.
As a Finance Assistant apprentice with BPP, you will complete the new apprenticeship standard, Professional Accountancy Taxation Apprenticeship at Level 4. Within the apprenticeship you will undertake the AAT certificate level professional qualification which will be completed at a BPP centre or via the Online Classroom Live platform, in addition to at the workplace.
- High level of numeracy
- Self-discipline, determination and appreciation of the demands of studying while working
- Clear aptitude for teamwork, planning and organising
- Excel knowledge would be beneficial
- Team player
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Excellent punctuality
A minimum of 2 A Levels grade A*-C & 5 GCSE A*-C grades or equivalent qualifications
Please make sure that you have uploaded a copy of your CV to the ‘Documentation’ section of your profile. Within your CV, please give a full breakdown of all your achieved and/ or predicted qualifications (incl. subjects and grades). Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).