Do you want to support our students onto greater things? Are you excited by the opportunities and possibilities for our academy? Could you be part of a busy office environment, supporting staff?
The David Nieper Academy is an academy in the town of Alfreton, Derbyshire. A brand-new school building was opened in early 2017 and our extensive grounds work is soon to be completed. A key aspect of our vision is our focus on applied learning within all subject areas and across year groups. We have seen an increase in student numbers within each year group and are currently over subscribed for Year 7 we are looking to build on this year on year. This is an immensely exciting time to be joining the academy and being a key driver in enhancing the academic and social achievement of our students.
The Governing Body is seeking to appoint a Finance Assistant to support the work of the Finance Team and ensure the sound financial operations of the academy.
The successful candidate must be able to function well as part of a team, have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills a long with a ‘can-do’ attitude. They will need to be highly organised and have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, showing initiative and acting proactively when required.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Undertaking financial/administrative duties within the Finance Team of the academy. The responsibilities relate to:
a) Undertaking Financial Transactions for the Academy Accounts
• To operate computer based and manual financial systems within the academy in a secure manner
• To undertake financial tasks in accordance with agreed policies, appropriate legislation and financial regulations
• To operate the academy financial systems, including processing and review of orders, deliveries and invoices
• To check delivery notes and documentation prior to processing payments
• Receipt and banking of income
• Assist in preparation of records for audit purposes and year end
• Assist with petty cash and bank reconciliation
• Assist in the production of finance information as required by the Business Manager, Trustees and statutory bodies
• Liaise with suppliers regarding payments for suppliers and services
• Maintain records in respect of externally funded initiatives
• To guide colleagues in relation to best value practice and efficient use of public monies
b) Issues of whole academy organisation:
• General administration work in a busy school office
• To operate office equipment e.g computers, photocopiers and telephones
• Contribute to the team working of the office by supporting colleagues across the academy
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the academy
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and GDPR, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Participate in training and other learning activities as required.
c) Other duties following agreement with the Headteacher:
• Other duties as may be reasonably required in agreement with the Headteacher and Business Manager
• Minimum of 5 GSCEs/O Levels to include English & Maths at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
• Willing to undertake further professional development
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to ensure quality and accuracy, and work to a high standard
• Competent User of Microsoft Office
• Experience in using computerised finance systems
• Experience of working within a school Finance/Admin environment
• Knowledge of PS Financials Academy package
• Awareness of school organisation, policies and procedures
• Knowledge of SIMS
WORK RELATED CIRCUMSTANCES
• Flexible and prepared to work outside academy hours in response to the needs of the academy and its users.
• Ability to work accurately and under pressure
• Ability to adapt to changing work loads
• Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
• Collaborative and works well in a team
All duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to the David Nieper Academy’s Health and Safety Policy.
Post holders will be accountable for carrying out all duties and responsibilities with due regard to the David Nieper Academy’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Duties which include processing of any personal data must be undertaken within the General Data Protection Guidelines (Data Protection Act 2018) (GDPR).