Salary – £21,000 - £23,000
Hours of work – Full time, 52 weeks
Contract – Permanent
Start date – January 2018
Closing date – 31st December 2017
Interview date – 8th January 2018
Location – Mossbourne Federation, Hackney
The Mossbourne Federation’s calm working atmosphere creates well-rounded individuals who excel in the arts, on the sporting field and academically. All learners, regardless of ability, benefit from the innovative and enlightened approaches to teaching and learning within the Academy. The Mossbourne Federation has helped change students’ lives. The Federation’s flagship school, Mossbourne Community Academy, is founded on high expectations and a belief that all students, regardless of background, can have a first-rate education.
The Mossbourne Federation comprises four academies:
- Mossbourne Community Academy (secondary)
- Mossbourne Victoria Park Academy (secondary)
- Mossbourne Parkside Academy (primary)
- Mossbourne Riverside Academy (primary)
Across the four academies operates a Central Services Directorate which supports all the academies delivering services such as estates, facilities, security, ICT, and telecommunications management, together with corporate communications, human resource and finance functions.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of financial procedures within a similar public sector environment
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Studying towards accounting qualification or Degree in Accounting or related subject
- Experience in using PS Financials
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders (staff, students, parents and contractors)
- Willing to work as part of a team and go the extra mile to up keep the Mossbourne values
What we can offer:
- A challenge!
- The opportunity to work with excellent students and a supportive team throughout the academy
- Comprehensive staff benefits
- The prospect of working for one of the country’s leading academies
- Ambitious working environment
- Fun exercise sessions for staff
More information about the post and an online application form can be found on our website: http://www.mossbourne.org/vacancies/.
Please note that CV’s or incomplete application forms will not be considered. All other applications will be considered, however, only those that are shortlisted will be contacted. Applications may be considered whilst the post is being advertised. Mossbourne Federation reserves the right to close adverts earlier than the stated deadline.
Mossbourne Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.