Closing Date: 1st November 2017
Contract: Term Time plus 2 weeks
Salary: £19,230-£20341 dependent on experience
Start Date: ASAP
Do you want to work in an academy where “people just love coming to work”? (Investors in People GOLD 2014)
Located in the heart of Hackney, working in partnership with the local community and feeder schools within in the borough, The Petchey Academy has been awarded a Good rating by Ofsted with an Outstanding for Leadership and Management. The Petchey Academy is seeking to appoint dynamic, pioneering and entrepreneurial staff to work at this academy, where there are good opportunities for career advancement supported by strong CPD.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Work with dedicated and enthusiastic staff to inspire our students.
- Enjoy an inspiring new building and state of art ICT facilities
- Have access to a number of benefits including; a subsidised gym membership (onsite), eye care vouchers, season ticket loan and many more great benefits
The successful candidate will:
- Be an experienced finance assistant, ideally part qualified by a recognised professional accountancy body
- Be patient, hard-working, and committed to the development of young people
- Enjoy working in a challenging but highly rewarding environment
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be proficient in all Microsoft packages and ideally have experience of PS Financials
- Be able to work independently with a flexible approach
- Have excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
1. To input all financial data into the school finance system and run reports as requested.
2. To communicate effectively with creditors and maintain accurate records for monthly reporting.
3. Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query, arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received
The Petchey Academy, under the patronage of Jack Petchey, is dedicated to enabling young people to aspire and succeed. We have adopted his motto and encourage our students to truly believe “If I think I can….I can!” If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, enriching the lives of the students who attend The Petchey Academy, then we are keen to hear from you. .
To apply please visit our website www.petcheyacademy.org.uk and our recruitment-vacancies page (Please note we do not accept CVs, the application form should be fully completed)
The Petchey Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. The Petchey Academy is committed to promoting equality for all students and employees. Every individual will be treated with courtesy and respect and their contribution to the learning process will be valued