The Finance Assistant plays a key part in the delivery of a comprehensive Finance service to all Academies within Bohunt Education Trust.
The role’s main responsibility is to work within the Trust Finance Team to provide a high standard of support for the whole Trust in the area of Finance Administration. This is a varied role, and includes liaising with budget holders and suppliers, as well as the wider finance team.
Processing purchase orders & invoices; reconciling statements; and inputting bank transactions to the finance system are the core tasks, however there is scope for the right candidate to develop their skills to include account reconciliations; accruals generation; prepayment processing; and VAT returns.
The successful candidate will have:
- An ability to organise and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines
- A sound understanding of the fundamentals of double-entry bookkeeping and account reconciliation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good Excel skills and competency with Word and Outlook
- A flexible attitude and willingness to contribute constructively towards the team
What we offer:
• Potential for career progression in a rapidly-growing Multi-Academy Trust
• Study Assistance for AAT/ACCA/CIMA
• Competitive salary and Local Government Pension Scheme
• Cycle to work scheme, Retail and other discounts
• Open and forward-thinking working environment
For further information and how to apply, please visit: www.bohunt.hants.sch.uk , complete the application form for Support staff, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal discussion about the role please call Diane Hodgson, Finance Manager on 01428 724324.
Closing Date 16th August 2019