We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our school to be part of our vibrant and forward thinking Trust. We are interested in talking to candidates with either previous financial experience or strong administrative skills.
The role is working within the Ely Hub of schools based at The Lantern Primary School for a total of 12 hours a week term time only. We can be flexible on the days, however, one of the days must be a Monday. You will be well supported by the experienced and friendly Finance Team and the wider Trust.
This is a busy but interesting role working in a primary school setting with the support of a Finance Officer and a Financial Accountant. Experience of working within the education sector would be beneficial but is not compulsory as full training will be given to the successful candidate. Please see the attached job description for full details of the role.
Our vision is to ensure every student receives an inspiring education which will equip them with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed beyond the classroom. We have an unwavering focus on progress, which is underpinned by a strong partnership with parents and the community ensuring that our students are a credit to the College. Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust is a success story that continues to grow and part of their success is down to the ability to Recruit, Develop and Retain the very staff.
What we can offer you:
· A philosophy of 100% achievement and inclusion
· A commitment to extending the boundaries of learning enabling all young people to become well- rounded individuals
· A purposeful and caring learning environment, where every individual is known, valued and supported
· Well-motivated and engaged students and ambitious, dedicated and professional staff
· A commitment to leadership, innovation, staff progression - we are passionate about retaining good staff - and partnership working, as part of our family of schools
You will benefit from:
· An induction programme for all new staff
· Weekly training sessions and staff meetings to ensure effective communication
· Employee Assistance Programme to help support you in everyday life as well as career decisions
· Staff social activities
· Ample on site car parking in a city location
· As a member of the CMAT Trust, there is potential to be promoted and/or work across a number of schools in a close geographical area
You will be:
· Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
· Able to build effective working relationships with staff and students
· Able to work in partnership with students, parents, staff, governors and the wider Community
For informal enquiries about the role or a tour of the school please contact Nichole Francis, HR Officer on Nfrancis@lanternprimary.org
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please do not hesitate to contact us. Please note we reserve the right to close the advert early if sufficient applications have been received so please do apply early.
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
The Lantern Community Primary School opened in 2004 and was built to cater for the children of families living on the western side of the city.
The school has been carefully designed to be a focal point for the community.