Experienced and organised part-time Finance Assistant required for Preston Park Primary, based in the heart of Wembley.
We are looking for an organised and outstanding Finance Assistant, who under the direction of the School Business Manager, would assist in providing the provision of financial and administrative support to the school.
Preston Park is committed to providing further professional development to all staff.
Responsibilities will include:
• Processing of Requisition Orders/Purchase Orders, checking for accuracy and distributing to suppliers and budget holders as required
• Processing of invoices, checking to Purchase Orders and goods received notes, ensuring appropriate authorisation and payment in accordance with agreed procedures and timescales within the Local Authority Financial Handbook and the School Financial Handbook guidelines.
• To oversee the receiving and delivery of goods and arranging distribution to appropriate individual’s when necessary.
• Ensure value for money on purchases and support with procurement.
• Investigating and resolving supplier invoices under query, arranging returns and ensuring that refunds or credit notes are received.
• Carry out the necessary arrangements with regard to school lettings and other events regarding invoicing and collection of payments.
• Dealing with queries from suppliers (including statements), debtors, budget holders and other staff.
• Developing an understanding of school and Local Authority policies and procedures, complying with their contents and raising concerns in a timely manner.
• Provide reports from parent pay as requested.
• Chase any outstanding payments from parents and staff.
• To oversee that supplies of school stock are monitored and that orders are placed with consideration for cost effectiveness.
• Ensure school is maintaining value for money by supporting staff gain quotes.
• Responsible for ensuring that school income is collected and banked in the appropriate way.
• To work with the School Business Manager in scrutinising the payment of invoices and statements of account.
• Ensure the filing system of the finance office is maintained.
• Maintain a record of lettings and liaise with the site supervisor to ensure invoices are raised.
Further information on the role can be found in the job description and person specification.
We are looking for an individual who can share the founding vision and ethos for Preston Park, (please visit the school and look on the school’s website). Must be excited by the chance to contribute to Preston Park Primary and driven to do what it takes to succeed.
The individual must show:
• Ability to operate a full range of specialist ICT equipment
• Ability to use proficiently standard office computer software
• Ability to work as a team and under the direction of the School Business Manager
• That they are able to absorb and understand a wide range of information regarding the functions of the school
• A high level of verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to work within a team
• That be educated to NVQ Level 3, or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment through qualification or experience.
Preston Park is a thriving four form entry, fully inclusive and diverse community school set in the heart of Wembley, Brent. At Preston Park we are proud to educate children from all over the world, bringing ‘one world under one roof’ for truly inspirational learning experiences. Teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do at Preston Park. We are committed to ensuring that children achieve excellence, enjoy their time at school and develop into confident, resilient and independent learners.
Our school is well resourced with rich indoor and outdoor learning environments comprising of bright classrooms, spacious playgrounds, wildlife nature reserve and a sensory quad area.
Preston Park are looking to become a recognised school leading on STEAM, Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths.
Visits to the school are welcomed, please contact Jayashri Varsani on the school number to arrange a visit.
Applications should be through the attached application form (CV's will not be accepted), this is to ensure that the school adhere to safer recruitment practices.
Hours: 3 hours per day, 5 days a week 9:00am - 12:00 noon
Closing date: Thursday 26th April 2018 @ 12:00 noon
Interview date: Friday 11th May 2018
Start Date: as soon as possible
Salary: Scale 3 (Point 14-17) £16,781.00 - £17,772.00 pro rata plus £1851 London Weighting Pro rata
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.