Finance Business Partner
Location: Covent Garden, London
Unleash your potential
We’re looking for a passionate and proactive Finance Business Partner to help provide proactive advice and support to all staff in order to maintain a sound financial position and instil financial best practice across the organisation.
Play a vital role in our Finance department
Reporting into the Head of Finance, the Finance Business Partner will be responsible for the provision of professional and effective management accounting services to the organisation. You will provide timely, accurate and relevant management accounting information and analysis to support business decisions. You will develop and enhance the quality of management information and analysis of relevant business cases/projects and breakdown complex data sets into meaningful reports. You will also be responsible for developing relationships with stakeholders outside of finance and the organisation, being the ‘face of finance’.
Be part of our Community
City Lit is London's largest provider of learning for adults, inspiring over 30,000 students a year and offering more then 5,000 courses. As a leader in our field, we have a reputation for delivering a high quality student experience. However our reach and impact within London is far reaching and through the support of our Community Outreach department extends beyond our campus’s to bring City Lit’s teaching into the community. Working in partnership with community organisations across London we deliver bespoke projects that support individuals and communities to enrich and improve lives. In this role, you’ll be at the heart of the employee experience as you provide vital support that will make a huge impact on the success of our Finance department and truly contribute to being part of our continued journey of where London learns.
What we are looking for:
- Someone who will review departmental management accounts on a monthly basis with senior managers across the organisation, obtaining explanations for income and cost variances against budget.
- You will have experience of building relationships across an organisation and display excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to mentor and communicate financial information and terms to non-finance colleagues.
- You will have advanced excel skills to enable you to breakdown large and complex data sets into simpler reports
- We want someone who will be able to identify trends and make recommendations for future growth and increased profitability in conjunction with the Information Commissioner and support the individual departments to achieve these targets.
- You should be able to work effectively as part of a team but also be able to manage your work load independently and have a good understanding of financial systems and processes.
- You will be ambitious and have a drive to find ways of improving current processes to help City Lit achieve its long term strategic aims.
Enjoy our vast array of benefits
As an employee at City Lit you will enjoy a generous holiday entitlement of 35 days plus bank holidays, automatic enrolment to a contributory workplace pension scheme, 85% discount on City Lit Courses and a season ticket loan facility. There is also a wide range of professional development opportunities to support your career path.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing Date for completed applications: 23:59, 18 February 2018
City Lit promotes and values equality and diversity