Are you looking for a new challenge in a successful innovative organisation? Are you looking for a role where you can have significant input into the strategic direction of a growing organisation?
Location: North Oxford
Salary: £64,000 - £68,000 pa
This is an exceptional opportunity to shape a crucial new role in an exciting and growing organisation.
We are looking to appoint a highly capable Finance Director who, as part of the Trust’s central team, will play an essential role in consolidating and developing the financial services within the Trust. In return, we can offer a varied, challenging and exciting role in a growing organisation.
You will provide leadership and direct professional management to the finance team within the Trust, and so will need to be CCAB fully qualified and have significant experience of working in accounting and financial management with a track record of delivering quality finance services.
You must have excellent, demonstrable skills in working with a wide variety of stakeholders, developing and implementing financial policies and procedures, and supporting, informing and influencing decision makers. You will be able to work autonomously at both a strategic and an operational level with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage conflicting demands.
This is an exciting time for the River Learning Trust, the Trust currently consists of four secondary schools, eight primary schools and a SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) provider; we have a secondary Free School in pre-opening and are in discussions with a number of other secondary and primary schools as the Trust is preparing for further growth in the coming years.
The River Learning Trust can offer candidates exceptional opportunities for professional and personal development. We pride ourselves on supporting staff to be highly successful, recognising that success comes in a wide variety of ways, growing a culture of continual improvement where we look to provide the best possible educational experience for all our pupils.
To find out more about our schools, for further information about the post and an application form, please visit our website www.riverlearningtrust.org or to arrange an informal chat with our COO, Lisa Hughes, please contact the central office on 01865 558727 or email@example.com
To apply for this post, please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application form. The section entitled Relevant Skills & Experience should be no more than two sides of A4 and demonstrate how you meet the Person Specification.
- Covering letter. This should be no more than two sides of A4 and, given the context of the job description, provide an outline as to why you have applied for this post with examples of how your career thus far has prepared you for this role. Please also outline in this document your preference in terms of hours and location for this role.
The closing date for applications is 27 November 2017
The River Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The River Learning Trust (RLT) is a multi-academy trust responsible for a number of schools and a school centred initial teacher training provider within Oxfordshire; the schools and SCITT are united by their commitment to the principles of the trust and a common belief in the benefits of everything that is gained by working together.
• Commitment to Excellence; striving for the best educational experience through continuous improvement.
• Everyone Learning; creating and taking opportunities that enhance lives through evidenced based practice supporting adult and pupil learning.
• Respectful Relationships; acting with care, integrity, and fairness in all we do
The River Learning Trust is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from a range of ethnic backgrounds to represent diversity in line with our school community.