Empowering our students to thrive is at the core of everything we do. “Here, I can be me.” If this quote from one of our students makes you curious about working at our school, you are in the right place! Amity International School Amsterdam is a family-oriented school, proud of our connections with the wider community and Amity Education Group. We are still growing and are ambitious to be a school at the forefront of impactful teaching and learning. If you are a dynamic and inspirational Finance Intern seeking an internship, we would like to hear from you.
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
The Finance Intern supports in carrying out financial transactions and creates financial reporting to present to management. The financial transactions include keeping track of financial information, tracking accounting journals and using accounting software to create invoices to customers, cash receipts and supplier invoices. T
he Finance Intern also reconciles accounts to ensure their accuracy. The Finance department is responsible for all the financial activities of the school, which includes both a strategic and operational level. As a member of the business team, your tasks include amongst others:
- Accounts Payable: ensure supplier invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Accounts Receivable: ensure invoices are issued (and follow up on) to parents enrolling their children into the school
- Keeping record cash receipts and making bank deposits
- Conducting periodic reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Assembling information for external auditors for annual audits
- Calculating and issuing financial analysis of the financial statements
- Maintaining an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintaining the annual budget closely with the School’s Principal
- Complying with local government reporting requirements
- Providing clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Creating new policies and procedures
What will you bring to the table?
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following qualifications, experience, skills, and attributes:
- Studying for a Bachelor / master’s degree in accounting or business administration or equivalent business experience
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and finance management
- Experience with Finance software EXACT
- Fluency in both Dutch and English (verbal and written)
- Knowledge of the Dutch economic environment and tax regulations
- Flexible, creative and resilient
- An excellent communicator and able to build on the reputation of the school
What is in it for you?
We are looking for candidates who are willing to go the extra mile for our young school to be successful. In return, we are offering a competitive allowance for successful candidates. If you are internationally minded, permitted to do an internship in the European Union and have the desire to help shape the exciting future of our school, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Who are we?
We are young and vibrant school located in Amstelveen. We pride ourselves in supporting and challenging every student to achieve excellence in their development. We place particular emphasis on providing the students with opportunities to demonstrate agency and collaborative skills, as well as finding ways for them to serve others and contribute to the wider community.
We are a fully international school with students and staff from 39 different countries and we are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome new colleagues from different backgrounds and highly encourage people from around the world to apply for this position.
Amity International School Amsterdam is part of the not-for-profit Amity Education Group, home to over 150.000 students worldwide with school campuses across Amsterdam, Dubai, London, Singapore, New York, Delhi, Tashkent and plans to be in every major city of the world.
Why is Safeguarding important to us?
We take caring for the physical and emotional health of each member of the school community very seriously. As a school, we are committed to safeguarding and expect all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. We will follow safer recruitment practices and pre-employment background checks before any appointment is confirmed.
What should you do next?
If you feel that you are the candidate we are looking for, make sure to share your CV (resume) and supporting statement via the ‘apply now’ button.