The Shared Learning Trust are a successfully multi-academy trust in Luton and Dunstable with four academies and proposals to grow and add further academies to our trust family portfolio.
We are seeking to appoint two competent and insightful Finance Managers to give day-to-day support to the Principal and Senior Leadership Team on all matters relating to budgetary control. You will share your financial knowledge, advice and recommendations to assist in decision-making and ensure financial integrity is installed and maintained. If you would like to guide and shape the financial activity of a progressive academy trust, this is the role for you.
The Finance Manager roles will be divided between our two secondary academies. One will be based predominantly at The Chalk Hills Academy, Luton, LU4 0NE and the other will be based predominantly at The Stockwood Park Academy, Luton, LU1 5PP. Both role holders will be required to work one day per week from our Central Finance team based at The Vale Academy, Dunstable, LU5 4QP.
- Manage the academies day-to-day budgetary control. You will report and advise the Principal on financial expenditure and commitments against non-pay and pay budgets.
- Ensure the principal has all the required financial information to make informed decisions on the day-to-day running of the academy
- Attendance at Senior Leadership Team meetings to ensure management are aware of financial position and financial implications are considered
- Ensure efficient and effective process is implemented for the collection and banking of cash and cash equivalents
- Support the Financial Controller in producing a long-term financial plan.
- Work within the academy and central finance team Action Plan to ensure delivery
The successful candidate will have:
- extensive experience of working within a finance role
- solid experience of financial packages
- excellent problem-solving skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- excellent ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: M2 - M3 - £34,106 - £40,858 (dependent on experience)
Job Role: Full time, 52 weeks a year, 37 hours a week
Closing Date: Monday 25 June at 12pm Interviews: W/C 2 July 2018
Please read the information in this pack. If you are interested in this job opportunity, please do apply online today.
Please specify in your application whether you would prefer to work at The Chalk Hills Academy, The Stockwood Park Academy or both academies.
We look forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Katherine Anderson, Recruitment Officer on 01582 211 226 or email email@example.com
If you decide to apply you should include a letter with your application form on no more than two sides of A4, giving your reasons for applying for the post, addressing information you have read in the pack and particularly the person specification, and outline any relevant experience and personal qualities you would bring to the Trust. Please do not send a general letter; we really are looking for someone who is prepared to respond to us as an individual Trust. You can be sure we will take time and care in reading your letter; we appreciate how much energy goes into it.
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’. The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.