Would you like to join us as Finance Officer, to support the work of the Business Manager and ensure the sound financial operations of the academy?
Can you function well as part of a team, have excellent communication, interpersonal and IT skills along with a 'can-do' attitude? Are you highly organised, have the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, showing initiative?
We are a newly formed Academy with an innovative approach to teaching, hands-on learning and brand new purpose-built facilities. Our aim is to raise standards, expectations, inspire excellence and to encourage students to achieve their full potential.
The Governing Body is committed to the safeguarding of children and young people so all staff appointments are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
How to Apply
To apply please complete and return an application form along with your covering letter, clearly demonstrating your suitability for this post. Send via email for the attention of the Headteacher’s PA, Mrs Michelle Hackett, to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 9am Thursday 15th February 2018.
Interviews will take place during week commencing 26th February 2018. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, please assume that unfortunately, on this occasion, your application has not been successful.
Job Description: Finance Officer
Undertaking financial/administrative duties within the Finance Team of the academy. The responsibilities relate to:
a) Undertaking Financial Transactions for the Academy Accounts
· To operate computer based and manual financial systems within the school in a secure manner
· To undertake financial tasks in accordance with agreed policies, appropriate legislation and financial regulations
· To operate the academy financial systems, including processing and review of orders, deliveries and invoices
· To check delivery notes and documentation prior to processing payments
· Process payments by cash, cheque or through the BACS system
· Receipt and banking of income
· Maintenance of the academy inventory/register of assets including records of items to be written off
· Assist with the monthly reconciliation of the Academy accounts
· Undertake the monthly reconciliation of the Academy charge card
· Assist in preparation of records for audit purposes
· Liaise with suppliers regarding payments for suppliers and services
· Maintain records in respect of externally funded initiatives
· To guide colleagues in relation to best value practice and efficient use of public monies
b) Assist in the production of management information including budget monitoring statements
· To provide the Business Manager with information to help with budget monitoring and forecasting as required
· Assist in the work to perform year end procedures
c) Issues of whole academy organisation
· Arrange for the booking of all academy transport requirements as may be necessary
· General administration work in a busy school office
· Maintenance of the key register
· Administration of academy trips including generating letters, checking consent forms, free school meal requirements etc.
· To operate office equipment e.g computers, photocopiers and telephones
· Contribute to the team working of the office by supporting colleagues across the academy
· Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the academy
· Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
· Participate in training and other learning activities as required.
d) Other duties following agreement with the Headteacher
· Other duties as may be reasonably required in agreement with the Headteacher.