Required! A suitably skilled and experienced individual to undertake the day to day processing of the school’s financial activities in line with audit requirements and financial regulations.
We are a 3-19 all age fully inclusive Academy on an exciting journey to become an outstanding organisation and are delighted to be able to offer state-of-the-art facilities in a new £36 million building providing staff with the opportunity to teach in a cutting edge and vibrant environment.
It is an exciting time to be joining us as, alongside our new headteacher, we work hard to improve and bring in line our KS4 outcomes with those in our primary and 6th form phases which are already considered to be good. We recently joined the newly formed Bishop Fraser Trust, a C of E multi academy trust, providing a great opportunity to work closely with the two outstanding schools in the MAT - St James’s C of E High School and Canon Slade School, sharing good practice and building on the much needed improvement work and progress that has been taking place over this past year.
The schools of The Bishop Fraser Trust aim to offer:
- A high quality, inclusive and distinctive education
- A caring and nurturing environment based on our Christian values, recognising the uniqueness of each child.
You will be joining a fairly new team ensuring that recently implemented procedures and protocols are adhered to whilst processing all routine financial transactions, ensuring our new finance system accurately represents the school’s financial position.
Reporting to the Assistant School Business Manager, the post holder will be someone who:
- has a relevant technical or business qualification at Level 2 or above or equivalent experience
- works with honesty and integrity at all times and is fully aware of audit procedures and the necessity for financial compliance to the organisation’s financial regulations
- can demonstrate the required communication and interpersonal skills to build rapport with all stakeholders and deliver excellent customer service
- has experience of operating purchase ledgers
- has strong IT skills including the use of formulae in Microsoft Excel, able to interrogate and manipulate data and produce reports
- has excellent organisational and planning skills, able to work independently and with demonstrated flexibility in order to meet deadlines and the demands of the role
- demonstrates professionalism and role models those personal qualities we wish to instil in our students
In return we can offer:
- fantastic facilities
- a supportive and encouraging staff team
- opportunities for continuous professional development
- opportunities to get involved with extra-curricular activities
- a paid premium to a Healthcare Cash Plan to claim back contributions towards dental, optical and other medical costs
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Cycle to Work Scheme
- A lunch allowance for those colleagues volunteering to assist in lunchtime duties or activities
Please note all staff are employed by The Bishop Fraser Trust.
For more information visit our website www.boltonstcatherinesacademy.org.uk or contact the School Business Manager Elaine Hodson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school prior to application are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs Hodson to arrange on 01204 332533.
To apply please complete the TES online application form or, in the event of difficulty, download an application form from our website and email to email@example.com, ensuring in your letter of application that you show how you meet items on the person specification and explaining why you are applying for this post and why our school. Please pre-empt any obvious questions your application may pose by addressing these in your application.
The Bishop Fraser Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to child protection screening including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and also past employment checks. We are an equal opportunities employer. References will be sought prior to interview.
Closing date: 9am Thursday 22nd November.