We are seeking an experienced Finance Officer to work within our high performing Academy. You will be experienced in Finance matters and be able to manage your workload effectively to be able to deliver high quality service for students, parents and staff.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace is a mixed Academy for 1,300 students aged 11-18, with a large sixth form of over 350 students. The Academy has three consecutive Outstanding judgments by Ofsted, with the most recent inspection in 2014 finding the Academy to be Outstanding in every aspect. We are a consistently high performing school; in 2019, our progress 8 score was 0.61, 94% of our students achieved a 4+ in English and 86% in maths. Our motto, ‘All Can Achieve’ encapsulates our vision that all members of the Academy community are supported and encouraged to achieve their absolute potential.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and update the financial and management accounting systems of the Academy (Concur and PSF).
- Process purchase orders and invoices.
- Process the bacs run obtaining authorisation from the Executive Principal by the deadline.
- Co-ordinate and monitor purchasing and payment procedures for cost centre budget holders and informing budget holders of their spend.
- To assist in internal audit procedures.
- To administer the Academy scheme of Financial Support for students.
- To be responsible for the Academy banking arrangements and transactions. To process the petty cash system: entering all transactions onto the computer system at the time of payment, keeping all records and paperwork up to date and ensuring staff expenses are paid correctly and on time.
- To attend to students with any queries they may have.
- Preparation and monitoring of detailed budget plans and monitoring of income/expenditure.
- Implementation of systems to control financial matters and provide management information.
- Carrying out monthly Reconciliations including banking.
- Preparing monthly reports to Curriculum Areas/Cost Centre budget holders.
- Monitoring expenditure and advising on how to manage funds.
- Track and pay invoices on time for all goods, supplies and services, to keep accurate records and filing up-to-date. To chase for goods and invoices as appropriate to ensure smooth end of year procedures.
- To manage the Academy’s ParentPay system.
- Bursary checks including working closely with Post 16.
- To ensure that Free School Meal records are up to date on BROMCOM and Parent Pay and records are kept and maintained for auditing purposes.
Qualifications & Experience
- An appropriate standard of academic qualifications
- Training in financial procedures
- Good level of administration skills
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in an inner city school or educational establishment with children and young people
- Experience of financial duties including dealing with visitors and parents to the Academy in a professional manner
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris City Academy Crystal Palace opened as Harris CTC in 1990 and converted to an academy in September 2007. The academy is a mixed school for 1,300 students aged 11-18 recruiting students from Croydon, Bromley, Lewisham, Southwark and Lambeth. The...