Smart Teachers is recruiting for a Finance Officer to work at a private school in West London. This is a part time position to start immediately on a permanent contract.
About the role
· Finance Officer
· Maintain accounts package with up to date data
· Ensure required software updates are installed to accounts package
· All accounting, invoicing, cash handling and payments
· Preparation of monthly cash flow
· Maintenance and development of the parent and pupil databases including pupil attendance records, house points and pupil and parent records
· Account reconciliation, making payments and checking for payments received
· Ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, dealing with all agencies, ensuring payments, dealing with staff queries
· Preparation of annual paperwork to accountants and answer all queries from the accountants
· General administrative duties and parent liaison as reasonably required by the School Principal and Head Teacher
· Use popular software packages confidently including but not exclusively Microsoft Office to produce reports, letters, emails etc
· Attend all school and PTA functions
· Salary up to £36,000 - pro rata
About the School
· One form entry private school
· Set across two recently renovated quirky Victorian buildings, with a lovely old feel and bundles of character
· Situated on a gorgeous leafy green residential street and only a short walk to two stations
· As the school is based in the flight path, a soundproof nursery is to be erected in the garden area so students can play outside
· Environmentally conscious with a recycling area to grow plants and herbs
· Advanced IT facilities and all classrooms have their own library in addition to the main library
· Specialist music room and professional coaches come in to assist with a range of sporting activities
In order to be considered for this Finance Officer role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Finance qualification
· Proven previous school based experience (essential)
· Possess the ability to work as part of a team and to develop and maintain positive relationships with parents, the local community and outside agencies (essential)
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number LXD42270.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.