We are seeking to appoint a Finance Officer with bookkeeping and finance processing experience. Education experience would be helpful but not essential. This role would suit a candidate wishing to develop a career in school finance and business administration.
Reporting to and working for the School Business Manager, you will be responsible for a range of financial processing and administrative tasks to support the work of the school. You will need to have an excellent telephone manner, be very confident using Excel, possess good interpersonal written communication skills and be very discreet. Training in our school finance system (PS Financials) will be provided. The position will suit a person who is highly organised, hard-working and committed, and keen to work in a school environment.
The position is term time only plus 15 days. Holiday would be taken in the school holidays. Hours of work are 08.00 to 17.00, although we are willing to consider flexible working hours. We may consider a part time role provided this is for a minimum of 25 hours per week.
Job title: Finance Officer
Line manager: School Business Manager
Main Purpose of Job
To support the School Business Manager by carrying out day to day financial processing.
Main responsibilities and tasks
Carry out the day-to-day financial processing by
· Processing all purchase ledger transactions, reconciling orders and deliveries to invoices and preparing invoices for approval
· Preparing invoice payment batches for payment
· Processing staff expense claims
· Assist and support with school trips administration
· Assist and support with the administration of ParentPay, the school’s cashless management system
· Carrying out reconciliations and producing financial reports and analysis as required
· Other finance processing as required
Assist the School Business Manager with ordering goods and services on behalf of the school by
· Reviewing and processing purchase requisitions
· Placing authorised purchase orders
· Chasing up orders not delivered or wrongly delivered
· Maintaining accurate supplier records
· Managing resources deliveries
· Monitoring stock levels
Assist the School Business Manager with ad hoc support to the administration team as a whole when required.
Any other analogous duties as directed by the Headteacher and School Business Manager.
Please download the candidate pack for the Person Specification.
- Contact the School Business Manager via the email address email@example.com if you would like more information about the school or the position.
- The deadline for this post is Monday 25 June 2018 however will interview candidates upon receipt of suitable applications, therefore early submissions are encouraged.
- Complete the application form fully, including the separate supporting statement (maximum 2 pages).
- Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will only interview candidates who provide two satisfactory referees.
- The interview process will include an interview and a series of finance and administrative tasks to complete.
- We will inform all invited candidates of the outcome of their application and provide feedback to those who are unsuccessful.