An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Greater Peterborough UTC. As Peterborough's only Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) specialist education establishment, we have continued to grow year on year and as such have a requirement for a Finance Officer at the UTC.
The post is for 18 hours a week based at our amazing UTC in the heart of Peterborough where you will join a team of highly motivated and enthusiastic professional staff and students.
Working with the Trust's Financial Accountant you will be responsible for:
• Prepare monthly supplier payment runs including e-mailing remittance advices to suppliers
• Enter and check payroll variances for the staff at the school and liaise with HR to ensure that any contractual changes are reflected accurately and in a timely manner.
• Assist the trust Financial Accountant with the preparation of month end accounts and re-forecasts
• Prepare reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts
• Meet with Principal of the school and the trust Financial Accountant on a regular basis
• Daily and monthly procedures and transaction processing in connection with the accounting system including monthly reconciliation of control accounts.
• Oversee payments to Post 16 bursary students
• Oversee and post entries into the Nominal Ledger.
• To reconcile the bank statements on a weekly basis and assist with the planning of cash flows.
• Review payroll month end and prepare and input payroll journals.
• Be responsible for the financial management of school trips.
• Ensure that the trust’s financial procedures are adhered to at all times, with particular reference to payment authorisations and ensuring that orders do not exceed budget holder’s financial limits. Wherever possible, help Budget Holders to understand their budget, commitment and available spend positions.
• Oversee that Sales Ledger receipts are banked in a timely manner and accurately recorded against the correct account.
• Ensure effective credit control procedures are in place i.e. any monies owed to the school that are overdue are chased up
• Reconcile receipts and post to relevant income codes.
• Assist the trust Financial Accountant to monitor income from lettings by ensuring that all invoices are raised as soon as possible. Receipts must be banked and entered into PSF in a timely manner.
• Line management of Finance Assistant(s).
• Oversee management of petty cash.
• Undertake any other duties as deemed necessary by the trust Financial Accountant.
As a member of the UTC we will expect you to support us in our daily operations, these may include:
• Participation in staff events by arrangement.
• Attend Staff Meetings where appropriate.
• Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment.
• Contribute and participate in academy events and activities.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other staff and parents/carers.
• Ensure new budget holders are trained to use the PSF PO systems
Any other tasks, duties or services that may be reasonably requested.
Health and Safety
• Be aware of the responsibility for personal Health, Safety and Welfare and that of others who may be affected by your actions or inactions.
• Co-operate with the employer on all issues to do with Health, Safety and Welfare.
Continuing Professional Development
• Participate in an induction programme.
• Undertake any necessary professional development as identified in the School Improvement Plan taking full advantage of any relevant training and development available
The interview date for this post is to be confirmed.
We reserve the right to close applications before the advertised end date.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Greater Peterborough UTC
- Mainstream school with state - university technical college (utc) funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Greater Peterborough University Technical College (GPUTC) is a STEM specialist school currently for students aged 11 – 19. Located in Peterborough city centre, the £12 million school opened in September 2016 to help create the city’s future scientist...