Post No: SGSAT03
Salary Range: £24,717 – £31,288 per annum, pro rata
(Salary is dependent on level of qualification and experience)
Contract: Permanent and Part Time
Hours: 30 hours per week
Location: Gloucestershire – Campus to suit – although frequent travel across sites required
SGS Academy Trust is a Multi Academy Trust, which was formed in November 2014. South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor the Trust, and their size and range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
There are three schools within the Trust:
• Forest High School is situated in Cinderford, Forest of Dean.
• SGS Pegasus School opened in September 2017 providing a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism. It is located in Patchway, South Gloucestershire.
• SGS Berkeley Green UTC opened in September 2017. As the first University Technical College (UTC) in Gloucestershire, Berkeley Green aspires to combine outstanding academic and technical education.
The SGS Multi-Academy Trust has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join their team. The role, reporting to the Head of Financial Systems & Reporting, is responsible for providing financial information that will enable managers to understand performance in their activities in the Trust and thereby improve financial effectiveness.
Key aspects of the role include:
• Preparation of management accounts and statutory financial statements
• Forecasting with individual schools
• Monthly budget meeting
• Draft school budgets
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate the following:
• AAT qualified accountant (or equivalent)
• Knowledge of academy policy and practice
• Experience of all aspects of financial control and compliance, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow responsibilities
• IT Literacy (especially proficient in the use of Excel and Word)
If you are interested in this position please complete a SGSAT College - Application Form and Diversity Monitoring Form.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd July 2018
Interview date: TBC
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred List check, as a requirement of the job.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate their commitment to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people in line with the SGS AT’s policies and procedures.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE