First Aid trained Administrator
9.20 Per Hour
September 2019 to December 2019
Vision for Education are looking to speak with First aid trained administrators to work on a supply basis for the first term of academic year 2019/20. The role will be full-time Monday to Friday, delivering administration support to Student Reception, First Aid/Medical Room Support, and a number of administrative tasks.
To be responsible for the provision of a professional, efficient and friendly student reception service for school, providing assistance and information to students as required. Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
• Provide a professional student receptionist role as the initial point of contact for students. This will include, but is not exclusive: o Managing student receptionists (‘helpers’) o Initial receipt of pupil payments and liaison with the finance team
o Free School Meals
o Management of student cards
o Management of Uniform o Management of Lost property
o Management of pupil Lockers o Requesting ‘on call’ to support behaviour management in school
o Review of Incidents on CCTV
o Data input to SIMS
• Medical room/First Aid:
o Supervise and take appropriate action in respect of students attending the Medical Room
o Provide first aid to students, visitors and staff
o Liaise with school nurse o Maintain records, systems and procedures as required, and in line with current legislation & school policy
• Employ initiative, resourcefulness and discretion at all times when dealing with all school students, parents and staff
• Ensure that all students follow current signing in and out of school procedures during the day
• Provide assistance to staff, visitors and students with any queries made at the reception area by resolving or redirecting queries and giving advice where appropriate
• Deal with all student post
• Assist the receptionist by operating the switchboard
• Maintain the reception area and medical room in a clean, tidy and attractive condition
• Ensure deliveries are not left in reception for long periods of time and in view of the public
• Ensure the display boards and leaflet displays, etc, in reception and the immediate area, are kept up to date and in good order
• Take an active part in all key school events such as Open Evenings, exam results days, etc
• From time to time, to meet the needs of the school, you may be asked but not automatically expected to work hours additional to your normal working hours. The school will give you as much notice as possible and you will be paid/recompensed for such work. Examples where this might be required are for example; relevant key school events such as Open Evenings, exam results days, trips, clubs, training etc.
• Assist with the clerical duties of the wider administration team as required from time to time and as appropriate to your role
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
• To undertake any other duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the level of the post, as may be determined after negotiation between management, the postholder and appropriate trade unions
The school we are currently recruiting for are a large Academy in Sheffield who are highly respected across the county. The school is one of the best performing Secondary Schools in the region and have fantastic resources. Part of a successful Multi-Academy Trust, the school provide an exceptional level of teaching and learning, pastoral involvement and extra-curricular opportunities to their students. The school are looking to welcome a new Student Receptionist from September 2019.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced Administrator and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Abi on 0114 243 5555.