Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 18 countries worldwide, our 10,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods
Due to the current post holder retiring, our Focus School Dunstable Campus is now looking to appoint a forward thinking, highly motivated and experienced Food & Citizenship Teacher to support KS3,4 and 5 with Food and Nutrition, and KS3 and 4 in Citizenship. You will also be required to deliver Chef Skills to Years 12 and 13.
The school offers enjoyment, opportunity and professional challenge to 232 students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
- Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding practice
- Identifying clear learning objectives
- Differentiating activities to provide support for students with Additional Learning Needs (ALN) and challenge for those who are gifted and talented;
- Maintaining discipline in accordance with the school’s code of conduct and encouraging good practice regarding punctuality, behavior, presentation of work and home learning
- Using a variety of strategies (including Self-directed Learning and digital learning) to motivate and challenge students, and ensure high levels of interest and progress
- Reflecting on and evaluating own work to improve effectiveness
- Be highly motivated
- Be an inspiring, engaging and effective communicator
- Have previous relevant experience working in a school
- Enjoy being part of a supportive team
- Be caring and enthusiastic
- Respect the school’s aims and values
- An excellent working environment with good resources
- Supportive Trustees who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
- Dedicated and talented staff who are keen to build on our high standards
- Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
- Active and committed parents and carers
- A supportive and involved community
- Excellent premises and lovely grounds providing an excellent learning environment
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
- The opportunity to enhance your educational experience with support for continued professional development
- A competitive salary
- Professional support from Focus Learning Trust, equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
Please visit our website: http://dunstable.focus-school.com/ for further information relating to the Campus or for more information about Focus Schools please visit: www.focus-school.com and follow us on LinkedIn.
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact the Toby Nutt on 01582 665 676 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Monday 10th December 2018
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
Focus School Dunstable Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016 and The Education Act, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment