Ark Academy is as a new all-through school based in state-of-the-art accommodation in Brent, set against the backdrop of the iconic Wembley Stadium. The school opened to reception pupils in September 2008 and then to year 7 in September 2010 when the brand new, all-through, academy was founded and the new buildings were completed. Furthermore, Ark Academy is renowned for its staff development and training opportunities.
So it’s an exciting time to join us. Our staff are striving to create and maintain our outstanding reputation, and our school is growing year-on-year, with our second sixth form cohort having opened in September 2016. This allowed our students to continue to make exceptional progress up to 18 years old, as well as open our doors to candidates from other schools.
In its first Ofsted inspection the school was rated as ‘Outstanding’: “Pupils make outstanding progress in their studies. They greatly enjoy coming to school and attendance is high. Pupils behave well and they respond enthusiastically to the growing team of dedicated staff.” (November 2010)
This is a unique opportunity to join a community of staff striving to maintain and continue to create an outstanding comprehensive school. We are now looking to recruit an outstanding Food Technology & Textiles Teacher to deliver exceptional teaching, helping students to achieve excellent results. You will be part of a team designing and delivering an engaging curriculum that inspires children to appreciate and enjoy Food Technology & Textiles, instilling in them a love for the subject and a desire to learn and understand.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an outstanding and passionate teacher with experience in Food Technology & Textiles.
- be a committed team player
- Experience of teaching the Food Technology at GCSE
- have the ability to engage and inspire pupils
- be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses and the genuine belief that every child can succeed
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- become part of a team developing a new ‘Outstanding’ all-through academy
- join the Ark network and have access to a range of benefits including professional development opportunities, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts
For further information, please go to www.arkacademy.org. To apply, please complete the online application form found at: https://goo.gl/6vsb1A. If you have any technical issues with the application form, please contact the recruitment team on 07818 572596 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 11am on Wednesday 7th December 2016
Salary: Ark MPS, £28,799 - £31,881
Location: Wembley Park, London (two-minute walk from Metropolitan and Jubilee line tubes)
Start date: April 2017
Ark Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check. Ark is always happy to receive speculative applications from excellent teachers and support staff.