Teacher of Food Technology
This post would suit a Newly Qualified Teacher
From January 2020
Salary: Main pay scale (Outer London)
Location: Welling, Kent (25 minutes from Central London)
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
We are committed to ensuring that students have high aspirations and are able to achieve their full potential.
We have excellent facilities including specialist classrooms; all-weather sports pitch; performing arts studios; art gallery and a designated Sixth Form common room, complete with Apple Mac computers and café.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic newly qualified or experienced teacher for the position of Teacher of Food Technology at Welling School for a September 2019 start.
To be successful, you will:
• be passionate about the subject with the potential and desire to continue to improve;
• have a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to raising standards across all Key Stages;
• have excellent subject knowledge and depth of understanding;
• be able to inspire, enthuse and motivate students to ensure that they achieve their full potential;
• be an effective and committed team player with a clear vision for development and sustained improvement
In return, we can offer you:
• to work within an environment who believe in working collaboratively, sharing ideas and supporting each other to achieve great things
• the opportunity to further develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to ensure students achieve their full potential
• excellent CPD opportunities to further develop your skills as a classroom practitioner and to develop leadership skills as you progress;
• excellent networking opportunities including involvement in PiXL and school partnerships;
• the use of our innovative ‘iBrary’ as an additional learning environment which has achieved Apple Regional Centre status
Informal discussions and/or visits are actively encouraged. To arrange a visit or discuss the post, please contact Semir Ahmed, Head of Faculty on 020 8304 8531 or email email@example.com.
We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and past employment checks.