ABC Teachers are looking to appoint a teacher of Food Technology for a full time role starting on the 16th April 2018 to cover a maternity leave for an academic year.
The school is a much improved inner city academy and is situated in the Edgbaston area of Birmingham and serves a vibrant and diverse community. This is a excellent opportunity to work with mainly GCSE groups at an important time during the build up to their exams.
I am interested to hear from experienced food technology teachers who are available full time.
This role is suitable for NQTs
Interested in applying.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Matthew Ollerhead today on 0121 274 0345 or click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to submit your CV and personal details.
About the Role:
· Responsible for developing and wring schemes of work
· Responsible for monitoring progress across KS4 Food Technology.
· Holding and attending departmental meetings
· Ensure adequate provision for students of all abilities
· This is a long term supply role
· You must be able a qualified and specialised teacher of Food Technology with a PGCE and QTS.
About the School:
· Based in Edgbaston
· Average sized secondary school
· Rapidly improving
· Serves a diverse area of the City
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa)
· Must hold relevant teaching qualifications (PGCE / Bachelor of Education)
· Have previous experience teaching the UK curriculum
· Have recent classroom experience as teacher in the UK (essential)
· You must be able to provide references covering last 5 years including any gaps in employment.
· Be confident in using ICT in their professional role
· Have excellent communication skills
· Possess valid a valid DBS/police checks if required
As well as being part of this school's community, working with ABC Teachers also gives you access to:
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Consultant exclusivity
· Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to terms and conditions)
· Reward scheme for staff referrals
If you are interested in this position, please contact Matt Ollerhead today on 0121 274 0345 or 'Apply now' to submit your details.
As a preferred supplier of Birmingham City Council, you can be safe in the knowledge that we will be confident of finding the work that you want.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.