Baston House is an independent special school for children aged 5-19 with high functioning autism, all of whom are Local Authority funded and have an Education and Health Care Plan with autism as their primary diagnosis. Our school is friendly and vibrant where our staff team offer a highly differentiated curriculum to children with a wide range of ability and a diversity of challenging attributes. Based in Hayes Village in the London Borough of Bromley, Kent, the school is within easy reach of central London and the Kent countryside.
We have optimum class sizes of 6 pupils. All classes are supported by a teaching assistant to ensure personalised learning. We are totally committed to working with children with complex needs in order to raise their aspirations and achievements.
Job Summary and Duties
The successful Food Technology Teacher will be teaching Food Technology across all key stages. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, committed and flexible and have a love of teaching students with special educational needs. You will want to inspire and motivate students and will be confident managing anxious and challenging behaviour.
This role is offered on a permanent, full time basis.
As a Food Technology Teacher, your duties would include:
- Plan, deliver and teach individual students or small groups
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency
- Positively contribute to the overall programme of learning for each student to ensure their progression
- Organise your classroom, resources and displays to provide a stimulating learning environment for students
- Safeguard all students and ensure their safety and wellbeing at all times
Key Skills Required
- Ideally hold a nationally recognised degree and relevant qualified teaching status (QTS) but not essential
- Have proven experience of teaching Food Technology.
- Be experienced working within an SEN setting, ideally with ASD although not essential
- Have experience of planning, delivering and teaching lessons to a good or outstanding level
Please apply online now or call 020 8462 1010 further information
Please note we reserve the right to close the advert early should we receive a significant amount of suitable candidates.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.