Location: Surbiton, Surrey
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 12:00pm, Monday 6 December 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing: 13 December 2021
Job Purpose: To deliver high quality football sessions to a range of different ages and abilities at both Surbiton High School
Tenure: Casual, term-time, part-time
- Senior School: Monday 4:30 - 6:00pm
- Tuesday 4:30 - 6:00pm
- Friday 1:30 - 3:30pm
- Saturday 9 – 11.15am and for fixtures when required
- Girls’ Prep: Wednesday 4.00pm - 4.45pm
- Boys’ Prep: Monday 3:15 – 4:15pm
- To coach football across a range of groups, from beginners to senior and scholars
- To liaise with the Head of Football on the delivery of the football vision
- To assist and lead age group training sessions and potentially run teams within the program
- To develop individuals by catering to their needs
- To be involved with the scholarship recruitment process at Year 7 and 6th Form entry
- To act as a coach and offer general support prior, during and after sessions/events
- To assist with the general running of the football program and associated equipment
- To check the safety of all equipment and facilities before use
- To be aware and adhere to risk assessments and health and safety guidelines
- To carry out any such duties as may be reasonably requested
- To conduct yourself in an appropriate professional manner at all times, supporting and fostering the aims and safeguarding policies of the School
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- FA Level 1 or Level 2 football coaching qualification
- The ability to work as part of a team in a successful, dynamic and exciting School and football program
- Experience of operating professionally and safely within a sporting environment
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong playing background (desirable)
- A proven track record of demonstrable training and coaching success (desirable)
- Confidence and creativity in managing teams of varying abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of all things football in the male and female game
- Familiar with the England DNA and an advocate for long term player development (essential)
- Current involvement in coaching girls’ football (desirable)
- Clear passion for football and coaching
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvements within the role and program
- High levels of personal and professional integrity and the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Experience of football coaching in an educational setting (desirable)
- Personal warmth to gain the confidence of pupils, staff and parents
- Positive rapport with pupils
- High standards of personal presence and presentation, along with attention to detail
- Unflappable, calm
- Able to communicate comfortably and effectively with parents, pupils and fellow staff members at all levels
- A strong work ethic and a flexible attitude, with the ability to go above and beyond
- Organized and able to self-direct
- Positive, enthusiastic, and energetic approach, with a can-do attitude
- Ability to think creatively and imaginatively.
- Committed to the School’s ethos, and willing to follow and promote the philosophy of the football program.
- High expectations for pupil attainment, personal development, and conduct.
- Ambitious and aspirational for oneself and for the School
- Committed to professional development and show a willingness to undertake appropriate training for this role
To apply click here : https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2448718?cid=1567
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email
Surbiton High Prep Schools are culturally diverse and are fully committed to celebrating, respecting and learning about inclusion and diversity throughout the community.
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
Surbiton High School aims to inspire, encourage and empower its staff and pupils to be the very best they can be.
We are a school where a passion and energy abound, a school with a real heart and soul, where we look beyond the A* to offer a breadth o...