Forest School Practitioner
Do you think that learning should be fun, both inside and outdoors? Do you love the outdoors and have a passion for helping children learn outside? We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed practioner to be part of our Forest School.
We are looking to extend our Forest School Provision and as a consequence an exciting opportunity has arisen to become a Forest School practioner here with us from September 2017 working 1 1/2 days a week (Wednesday and Thursday afternoons).
At Oak Lodge, we pride ourselves on encouraging a child's enthusiasm and nurturing a love of learning. At the heart of what we do, we want children to enjoy their learning and we work to achieve this in an environment which fosters the traditional values of respect, reliability and responsibility.
We welcome applications from experienced Teaching Assistants and HLTA and Full Forest School training will be provide for those who do not have the qualification.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please phone the school office on 020 8819 6996 to make an appointment or email email@example.com.
To apply, please download a candidate pack and complete the online application form and submit your application by the closing date, which is Monday 10th July 2017.
Applicants need to have:
- Experience of working in a Primary School setting.
- A creative approach to the outdoor curriculum to deliver learning in exciting ways.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- A commitment to working as part of a team.
- The ability to plan and resource structured outdoor learning opportunities for EYFS and KS1 throughout the day all year round.
- To liaise with school staff to plan and deliver outdoor learning.
- The ability to maintain the forest school area.
We can offer you:
- A happy, caring school with an inclusive ethos.
- A friendly, supportive staff team and Governing Body.
- A fully supported induction process.
- An opportunity to use your skills and develop professionally.
- Training will be given if you’re not already Forest School trained.
- Planning time.
Oak Lodge Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS clearance and other relevant employment checks.