South Thames College is one of London’s largest providers of post-16 education and training and an ongoing and significant contributor to the local community. We aim to keep students at the heart of everything we do. Continuing investment in the development of the College’s main sites, at Wandsworth and Merton has resulted in first-class facilities that give our students a 'real-world' experience throughout their course.
We are looking for hard-working and collaborative people who can join our team and help challenge our students to progress and achieve.
Foundation Degree in Early Years Lecturer
(Maternity cover 0.5 FTE)
Salary: up to £19,149 p.a. inc. London weighting pro rata (up to 38,299 FTE)
Job Ref: REQ000250
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic HE early years tutor to lead on the Foundation Degree in Early Years in partnership with Kingston University. This role will require you to successfully manage and lead an established work based learning programme. As a programme leader and course tutor, you will be involved in the development and delivery of the course. Ideally you will have:
- A recognised teaching qualification e.g. DTLLS, PCET or QCF level 5 Diploma in Education or are willing towards one.
- A relevant degree qualification in Childcare and Early Years or an equivalent
- Recent experience teaching Child care and Early Years in the Education Sector at HE level
- Excellent subject knowledge.
- A proven track record of consistently good/outstanding teaching.
- The ability to engage different learners through a range of teaching resources.
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
- Good leadership and management skills
Closing date for the return of completed applications is Monday 26th June 2017.
South Thames College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
To apply for this post, please go to http://www.south-thames.ac.uk/jobs.html, search for the vacancy and then follow the steps to complete and submit an online application
For any queries please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 8918 7777 quoting the job reference.
Please note CVs are not accepted.
Please note that South Thames College is currently engaged in a process regarding a proposal to merge with Carshalton College and Kingston College. This process will have no impact on the location of this post, with the postholder being required to work at the Wandsworth Campus
The benefits package includes generous annual leave, pension scheme, subsidised sports facilities and professional development and training.