Title: Foundation Programmes Lecturer
Closing Date: Friday 27th October 2017
Interview Date: TBC
Salary: Up to £34,431 depending on experience
Nelson and Colne College, an Outstanding education provider with excellent facilities and unparalleled staff benefits, are looking for a Foundation Programmes Lecturer to join their successful team.
Delivering inspiring and exciting Entry and Level 1 programmes (particularly ICT and Business), the ideal candidate will focus on sharing good practice and will be committed to their own continuous professional development.
The successful candidate will have a real passion for their subject and be enthusiastic about all aspects of their teaching practice. We are particularly looking for candidates with ICT and Business Entry and Level 1 teaching experience.
Working within a friendly and supportive team in a department that is extremely well resourced and has the most up to date and effective teaching equipment, the successful applicant will have a focus on raising aspirations and encouraging students in the realisation of their ambitions, and ensuring they have the skills necessary to either progress to Higher Education or enter employment. It is envisaged that the successful candidate may be responsible for a tutorial group in addition to their academic timetable; as such, previous experience of providing pastoral care is desirable.
Key duties include:
· Teaching and tutoring Entry and Level 1 programmes in Foundation Programmes, in particular ICT and Business
· Planning, preparing and delivering high quality teaching and learning
· Delivering enrichment and enhancement activities
The ideal candidate will have:
· A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area
· A teaching qualification or willingness to complete one within the first 3 years of appointment
· Successful teaching experience in ICT and Business
· Proven ability to deliver the curriculum successfully (desirable)
· Experience of acting as a personal tutor (desirable)
· Demonstrate a student centred approach to teaching and learning
· The ability to cope with students who exhibit unpredictable or challenging behaviour (highly desirable)
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please complete the online application process by visiting our website
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.