Hurtwood House UK is seeking to appoint an outstanding individual to lead its new international sister school in Malaysia, Hurtwood House Kuala Lumpur (HHKL). Opening in September 2019, HHKL is the latest addition to Hurtwood's family of international schools. HHKL will offer Malaysia's capital an outstanding UK-style independent school education in premium facilities. Initially for boys and girls aged 3 to 7, HHKL intends to open a second campus in 2021 for pupils aged 7-18.
HHKL will provide its pupils with the best elements of a UK-style independent school education within the rich cultural context of Malaysia. While the School will encourage innovation and creativity, it will retain key traditional values and provide a gateway to the world’s very best universities. Like our founding school in the UK, HHKL will place a great emphasis on the personal development of each pupil as they progress through the School.
We want our Founding Head to be someone who:
- Can implement the School’s vision and aims with conviction and clarity
- Possesses the gravitas to act as a compelling ambassador to the School and the Hurtwood House network
- Can embed a school-wide commitment to high standards and success for all students
- Is experienced in successfully leading and managing staff towards a common goal
- Has successful curriculum leadership experience that illustrates a commitment to academic progress and the well-being of all pupils
- Has a proven track record of working successfully with a Governing Body/School Board
- Is engaging, possesses excellent communication skills and has strong emotional intelligence
The successful candidate is likely to have had senior leadership experience either in the primary or the secondary sector in an independen or maintained school in the UK or internationally.
How to Apply
In order to apply, please consider the details of the candidate information pack, complete all sections of the application form including the supporting statement that sets out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirements of the role and your ambitions for the school.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by the closing date. Hurtwood House has partnered with EduReach Education to support with the recruitment of the Founding Head.
The closing date for applications is Friday 14th December 2018
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Early application is advised with interviews possibly being arranged in advance of the closing date. Hurtwood House Kuala Lumpur reserve the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please email Sze-Ting Lee on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 014 8357 9777 should you wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
HHKL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.