Founding Head of Sixth Form; Assistant Headteacher
Do you want to work for a school whose innovation and outstanding passion for teaching has won a string of awards and accolades? At a school which brings life to the motto ‘Inspiring Learning’? Where the learning experience of every child is at the heart of everything we do?
The role of Founding Head of Sixth Form at Pinner High School is as exciting as a role in education can possibly be; to establish a new sixth form as it should be, not as it has always been. You will lead our first Head Students, our first A Level results, and our first university applications. This has the potential to be a career defining role.
Since opening in September 2016, we have accumulated a haul of awards including the ‘EQ’ equalities award, the Investors in People Health and Wellbeing Award, a Pearson Teaching Awards Certificate of Excellence and Prince’s Teaching Institute Mark – an organisation that promotes education for all. In addition, In addition, we are proud Artsmark Silver Award holders, and Stonewall School Champions.
In 2017, we were delighted to be featured in the Parliamentary Review, showcasing best practice in education nationwide, and more recently welcomed an Ofsted inspection judging us Outstanding in all areas.
As we continue to trailblaze our success, the future for Pinner High School is bright and exciting!
What you can offer:
- A good honors degree and QTS.
- A collaborative, innovative approach to lead and inspire.
- Experience of curriculum innovation and development.
- An ability to think and plan strategically to implement a vision.
- A shared passion and enthusiasm for teaching.
Reasons to work at Pinner High school:
- Fantastic students
- Excellent CPD opportunities including schools within the Trust across the Borough.
- Access to the Harrow Collegiate Teaching School Alliance.
- The opportunity to develop subject curriculum.
- The opportunity to contribute to extra-curricular activities as part of the ‘Heads Challenge’ scheme – our own Duke of Edinburgh style award.
- The opportunity to work with a supportive, collaborative leadership team, open to new ideas and policies to feed into the school’s growth and development.
- A collaborative approach to building a new school.
To find out why we’re so proud of Pinner High School, visit our website www.pinnerhighschool.org or check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or our You Tube channel: https://youtu.be/OgKGh7vBfJw
School visits welcomed. Please contact the school for availability and to book in.
If Pinner High School sounds like it is right for you:
- Download the application form from our website www.pinnerhighschool.org, complete and email to: email@example.com
- Submit a personal statement explaining why you want to work with us and why you are the best person for the role.
- CVs strictly not accepted.
Interviews to be held on 28th and 29th November
Pinner High School and Harrow Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students. Successful applicants will be required to undergo an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
For more information about our safeguarding policies, please visit our school website: